Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you avoid picking up drunks?
Picked up 3 pax 2 guys and 1 girl all drunk, jump in my car after I did a drop. 2 guys were cool the girl was a little *****ie. Rate dropped. Can you
cancel a ride without getting a bad rating. ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know about the rating. I had 3 trips with nice pax and my rating dropped from 5 to 3. When i pickup pax and i see they drunk, i cancel or go offline so they cannot request you again.
We need to clear that with Uber what to do and how to handle those cases. It is our cars and we drivers make the policies who and what goes in our cars. A Pax cannot get any cab in LV when he or she has drinks in the hands
or they so drunk or stoned that they unable to do business with the driver. I had Friday evening a trip from Downtown Main Street to Green Valley Ranch, 4 nice Ladies who got dropped off from uber driver and complained how nasty he was and how dirty was his car. Of Course this is the driver fault. It is our Business to keep cars clean and well maintained. This is a part of rating also what car you drive and how it drives. I saw last night Uber car with two of those thin emergency spare tires on the rear and his driver side window was cracked and taped. Those drivers needed to be pulled out of traffic and suspended till they repair their cars. At least i got a 5 Star. The whole rating system is computer generated and needs to be overhauled by Uber. But for now, we have to deal with it till enough drivers come together and complain about that problem. The drivers should help also to create a new rating system. I say, that we need to get all together in Vegas and negotiate with Uber how to handle drunk or nasty Pax about cancelling. There are still a lot of unclear things for us driver and it needs to be solved. Lets see after the strike 16 & 17 of Oct. if there will be some changes.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If a ride hasn't started the rider can't rate you. It's your car, your choice whom you want to transport. If you pull up and don't want to haul them you can always ACRO (Accept, Cancel, (Reason), Other). Clipboard in upper right corner of the app. I wouldn't get carried away on usage as in LA many drivers got suspended for overdoing it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If a ride hasn't started the rider can't rate you. It's your car, your choice whom you want to transport. If you pull up and don't want to haul them you can always ACRO (Accept, Cancel, (Reason), Other). Clipboard in upper right corner of the app. I wouldn't get carried away on usage as in LA many drivers got suspended for overdoing it.
That you for that information I wasn't sure on what to do in that situation.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[QUOTE.=G E nterprises LLC,& post: 505801, member: 27510"]I don't know about the rating. I had 3 trips with nice pax and my rating dropped from 5 to 3. When i pickup pax and i see they drunk, i cancel or go offline so they cannot request you again.
We need to clear that with Uber what to do and how to handle those cases. It is our cars and we drivers make the policies who and what goes in our cars. A Pax cannot get any cab in LV when he or she has drinks in the hands
or they so drunk or stoned that they unable to do business with the driver. I had Friday evening a trip from Downtown Main Street to Green Valley Ranch, 4 nice Ladies who got dropped off from uber driver and complained how nasty he was and how dirty was his car. Of Course this is the driver fault. It is our Business to keep cars clean and well maintained. This is a part of rating also what car you drive and how it drives. I saw last night Uber car with two of those thin emergency spare tires on the rear and his driver side window was cracked and taped. Those drivers needed to be pulled out of traffic and suspended till they repair their cars. At least i got a 5 Star. The whole rating system is computer generated and needs to be overhauled by Uber. But for now, we have to deal with it till enough drivers come together and complain about that problem. The drivers should help also to create a new rating system. I say, that we need to get all together in Vegas and negotiate with Uber how to handle drunk or nasty Pax about cancelling. There are still a lot of unclear things for us driver and it needs to be solved. Lets see after the strike 16 & 17 of Oct. if there will be some changes.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely Right. What is going on 16
I don't know about the rating. I had 3 trips with nice pax and my rating dropped from 5 to 3. When i pickup pax and i see they drunk, i cancel or go offline so they cannot request you again.
or they so drunk or stoned that they unable to do business with the driver. I had Friday evening a trip from Downtown Main Street to Green Valley Ranch, 4 nice Ladies who got dropped off from uber driver and complained how nasty he was and how dirty was his car. Of Course this is the driver fault. It is our Business to keep cars clean and well maintained. This is a part of rating also what car you drive and how it drives. I saw last night Uber car with two of those thin emergency spare tires on the rear and his driver side window was cracked and taped. Those drivers needed to be pulled out of traffic and suspended till they repair their cars. At least i got a 5 Star. The whole rating system is computer generated and needs to be overhauled by Uber. But for now, we have to deal with it till enough drivers come together and complain about that problem. The drivers should help also to create a new rating system. I say, that we need to get all together in Vegas and negotiate with Uber how to handle drunk or nasty Pax about cancelling. There are still a lot of unclear things for us driver and it needs to be solved. Lets see after the strike 16 & 17 of Oct. if there will be some changes.
You are absolutely right. What's happening of the 16&17 ?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Oh c'mon, Vegas is no different than any other city in regards to drunks. You don't want to take them, cancel the ride. End of story. As I posted, a ride not started can't rated. But, if you have concerns why not drop by the new local office and ask?

In regards to the Work Stoppage (Strike is the wrong term) the "demands" are higher mileage, cancellation and minimum fares and adding a tip option. Nothing I've read said anything about the ratings system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts