Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a good number of drop-off's at Logan.

Never done a pick-up, I've watched the video, I have the background check document saved to my phone, I understand the area where you pick up passengers. I even drove to the lot once after a drop-off just to check it out.

I'm curious why so many people do it? It's a long wait, and sure you MIGHT get a long ride, but you might get a short ride to a hotel in Boston.

Yes you can 'no thanks' rides that don't have the +45 minutes, but after a few of those you go back to the bottom of the queue. Seems like a potential for a lot of wasted time. I might try it again the next time I have a drop off at logan, if it isn't so close to the end of when I planned on working.

Earlier this week I dropped someone off to the airport around midnight for a redeye to Hong Kong. This was when I decided to drive to the lot and check it out for myself.

I had Uber on, the queue said (1-10). I parked and turned on the Lyft app as well, the queue said I was 74 in line. I just ended up leaving after 30 minutes, I was tired and ready to call it a day, and the sit and wait game was making my eyes heavy.

Why do so many more Lyft drivers do the airport than Uber? Why does anyone do it all?

Reactions: BostonTaxiDriver

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Personally it’s the smell of urine and the hum of countless engines filing the air with CO2 that keeps me coming back.

Kidding aside it’s a crutch for the mindless ants that don’t have a plan other than to go to Logan, hope for a long ride, get a short one and then come here to this forum and *****.

To me the risk of a long ride or a short ride is removed if the flag has less than 50 cars in the lot. You move quickly enough thru the line to make it worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Personally it's the smell of urine and the hum of countless engines filing the air with CO2 that keeps me coming back.

Kidding aside it's a crutch for the mindless ants that don't have a plan other than to go to Logan, hope for a long ride, get a short one and then come here to this forum and *****.

To me the risk of a long ride or a short ride is removed if the flag has less than 50 cars in the lot. You move quickly enough thru the line to make it worth it.
And don't forget some/most drivers here will complain about certain long fares which have little chance of a return trip, and which put too many miles on their car.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Every time I drive by the TNC lot, I hold my breath. I am fairly certian that the next major plague will originate from that lot. It is only an amount of time before all the urine and fecal matter reach critical mass...
AMC already announced next seasons walking dead will be shot at the Logan TNC lot.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I used to do it a lot, but as I started chasing incentives more and have been hearing more and more about fines and power-tripping massport employees, I don't even pick up from there anymore. If I have a drop off, I tend to more often than not just suck up the toll back.

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
It's just a tool in the toolkit. You drop somebody off, and ask if the queue is low. If it is, just take whatever they give you and get out of there. If it isn't low, eat the toll an go somewhere where it's surging. Or, if you otherwise need a break for whatever reason, it's a safe ares to wait and use the bathroom. I think that's about it.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
It's just a tool in the toolkit. You drop somebody off, and ask if the queue is low. If it is, just take whatever they give you and get out of there. If it isn't low, eat the toll an go somewhere where it's surging. Or, if you otherwise need a break for whatever reason, it's a safe ares to wait and use the bathroom. I think that's about it.
How were you able to write about logan pickups and not mention urine?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Don't forget the Pax leaving bed bugs from their luggage behind in your trunk. Those are the types of tips you get out of Logan.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess it would make sense if I had a drop off at logan, the queue isn't too bad, and I could use a bit of a break, thanks.

I like to go there to play some soccer and escape from my wife.
Also to check the news on xvideos
Well who doesn't need to escape their wife now and again?

To take naps and grab a fresh sandwich from the vending machine. Plus free steam baths in the porta potties.
It was so dark I totally missed the steam baths, now I'm definitely going back!

Reactions: ROTA

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
It can be good at times when Lyft has a high PowerZone in effect.

Usually a Sunday night, but not always, and it's not always a high one for all drivers at the same time, from what I understand.

Not sure if Uber has as many Boosts or as high of a Boost at Logan.

One Sunday night in May, I had three or four decent fares in a row, most on a Lyft PowerZone of some percentage. But couldn't replicate that the next week.

Haven't driven either in months, so others will know current conditions and prospects.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
This weekend im planing to make a barbecue there with some friends
There will be live music, some soccer games and alot of fun
Everyone is invited just bring your own beer.

4CA7601F-DA30-4F23-A6DC-F1AD0FBE5ED8.jpeg

Don't forget the Pax leaving bed bugs from their luggage behind in your trunk. Those are the types of tips you get out of Logan.
One day i put the pax in the trunk and helped his lugage to sit on my back seat It was a calm trip i realised that i did a mistake when i got in Bedford NH

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
This weekend im planing to make a barbecue there with some friends
There will be live music, some soccer games and alot of fun
Everyone is invited just bring your own beer.

View attachment 185612

One day i put the pax in the trunk and helped his lugage to sit on my back seat It was a calm trip i realised that i did a mistake when i got in Bedford NH
In that picture, it looks like you are about to put a baby doll on the grill.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I've done a good number of drop-off's at Logan.

Never done a pick-up, I've watched the video, I have the background check document saved to my phone, I understand the area where you pick up passengers. I even drove to the lot once after a drop-off just to check it out.

I'm curious why so many people do it? It's a long wait, and sure you MIGHT get a long ride, but you might get a short ride to a hotel in Boston.

Yes you can 'no thanks' rides that don't have the +45 minutes, but after a few of those you go back to the bottom of the queue. Seems like a potential for a lot of wasted time. I might try it again the next time I have a drop off at logan, if it isn't so close to the end of when I planned on working.

Earlier this week I dropped someone off to the airport around midnight for a redeye to Hong Kong. This was when I decided to drive to the lot and check it out for myself.

I had Uber on, the queue said (1-10). I parked and turned on the Lyft app as well, the queue said I was 74 in line. I just ended up leaving after 30 minutes, I was tired and ready to call it a day, and the sit and wait game was making my eyes heavy.

Why do so many more Lyft drivers do the airport than Uber? Why does anyone do it all?
You hit 'no thanks' three times and uber puts you on a bottom of the queue, and they secretly punish you. Your queue number may shown 1-10 but sometime they don't give you a request for 10-20 minutes even though when your first on line.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts