Uber Drivers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didnt say that. Said TLC plates and insignia of a livery company, but not livery or livery base. Uber base, Uber pickup but no Uber signs. Throw on a livery company insignia;)

I have been picked up by Uber cars with livery insignias.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Yeah have fun getting tickets when tlc sees your base stickers dont match with insignias and have fun getting sued by the company.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Read the tlc rules. If u livery car, u have to have base name, trouble light, base company number, and tlc base #.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We must live in different NYCs. The one I live in has them driving around with plates and blue stickers only. No names, bases or anything. Some of the Rican or Dominican bros have flags on theirs. Will they be busted by the TLC for displaying their flag? Wrong base?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
We must live in different NYCs. The one I live in has them driving around with plates and blue stickers only. No names, bases or anything. Some of the Rican or Dominican bros have flags on theirs. Will they be busted by the TLC for displaying their flag? Wrong base?
You are confusing livery with black cars.
We, black cars, have blue (sometimes) magnet signs.
Them, livery, have trouble lights and whole insignia shabang.
It's like confusing yellow and green cabs. Do your homework.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What I read here in this message forum is different than reality. My buddy was picking up in front of Newark airport cops today with TLC plates and Uber sign...no problems. I read here that PAPD was focusing on Uber cars no matter the plates so my idea was to slap a Dial 7 sticker on the car and work the airport making it look not Uber. My buddy never has problems at the airport though so I wonder if I even need to do it. Ill just go up and ask a cop.

I have no plans on driving Brooklyn. Im not going to rub elbows with you ******** at the JFK Uber lot. Im focusing only on EWR and Manhattan. I have my own plan for that. I think I can make 300 to 400 a day at the Newark airport. I made 300 a few times at EWR in a day before I got busted big and all the cops started following and ticketed me. I got 4 tickets in a day. Stopped once by PA SUV, they found me in Terminal B and found me again in Terminal C. I finally left concluding I need TLC plates to do this seriously at EWR.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
What I read here in this message forum is different than reality. My buddy was picking up in front of Newark airport cops today with TLC plates and Uber sign...no problems. I read here that PAPD was focusing on Uber cars no matter the plates so my idea was to slap a Dial 7 sticker on the car and work the airport. My buddy never has problems at the airport.

I have no plans on driving Brooklyn. Im not going to rub elbows with you ******** at the JFK Uber lot. Im focusing only on EWR and Manhattan. I have my own plan for that.
Did you just called me an *******?! LOL
Dumb AND arrogant? You are just precious little piece, aren't you?
I'm not gonna point to the holes in your "plan", have fun with officials. ;)

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I would say ******* is a pretty nice word for the authors of some of these threads. One guy is telling us to get 3000 dollar cars from car shops to drive around picking up people. Thats not reality. You are not going to find a NY shop thats going to sell you a decent car for 3000 even one with salvaged title. I bought a 3000 dollar car once. Old Solara with 150k miles. Engine blew at 205k, rod knock. Sold it for 800 dollars. Some dude with a car trailer came for it. I told him the car didnt work, rod knock, blown engine, over 10 years old and looking it. He loved it and took it. I knew I could spend a few grand for an engine but I thought...just let this one go:) I got 50k out of it for 3 and sold it for 800. That was enough. It smelled bad on the inside and I had to put cheap Walmart seat covers on it to keep the smell down...thats what you get for 3000.

If you are posting at this hour you must at least have a clue and know about Redeye I will give you that. If you are not at the airport right now I take it back.

I put 50000 miles on cars each year so I have a few clues in my box. I just dont drive New York just yet, but Im going to stick to EWR with my plan once I get plates. The PA PD are too smart. Have to play by the rules. They respect the plates and so I just need worry about the Newark city detective in his smoked out old school Lincoln and no standing tickets.

Manhattan work at 10 to 15 dollars a trip if that, 6 trips max in an hour if that. No thank you. but the EWR is a gold mine. Made 600 over 2 days going gypsy before the cops converged on me multiple times. Gotta call Gary cause I havent gotten a court date yet.

This guy Madmax seems to have it down, but thats a lot of work he puts in. I would rather get up early for these Redeye flights from Uber friendly California than bust my ass two daily shifts in Manhattan.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First, to the guy who said I was going to get that used Lexus for just under 30, you have to rethink my man. If you go into a car dealership paying the asking price off of Autotrader, I wouldnt call you an *******, but there are other terms I would use to describe you. If you going to run into the dealership paying the ask from the Autotrader I will not give you advice, but you will have to pay for my time giving you expert lessons.

Nope its not rocket science but a basic common sense test that a Syrian refugee can pass. If you cant pass this test, we will exchange you for one of them. Actually, I should be writing the TLC test. Now this is for Newark Airport only. For JFK and LGA the process involves sitting in a lot and praying on a prayer mat while you wait 2 hours. Im not into that so I will just give you the Newark Airport test.

Newark Airport Test
Question 1:
When do you go to the airport to pickup passengers?

Answer:
When flights are coming in.

Question 2:
How do you find flights coming in?

Answer:
A website like Flightstats.com

Question 3:
In reference to Uber, where is the best place to stand to get passengers.

Answer:
The closer you are to the passengers the most likely chance you will get a "ping".

Question 4:
Which areas of the United States and the world use Uber the most?

Answer:
California, Seattle, and India

Study those 4 questions and you will figure it out. If you cant figure out report down to Customs and Immigration because we are going to exchange you for a Syrian refugee. Of course, there are more techniques which we will cover on the Advanced Test, but just study these 4 questions for now. The advanced techniques will be on the next test.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
NJDRIVER is stupid because he's saying he'll get a my taxi base sticker. YoThe can't get one unless you affiliate with them and if you do somehow get them the pa cops will look for you blue tlc stickers that say "my taxi base car & limousine service". Have fun getting sued by my taxi base!

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
or if I can get one off of Ebay. This one is purple and I was tossing it around in my mind if the PA cops would get fooled by it. In any event, the more advanced characters on here will know how to duplicate it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIAL-7-SEVE...SIC-STICKER-/161812084155?hash=item25acc075bb

BTW, Mohammed picked me up in his Dial 7 Lincoln Town Car months back under Uber X with all his Dial 7 stickers in full display. It pulled up and I laughed. My man pimping in different ways. Is he worried about the base and the TLC? Mohammed doesnt give a shit. He is probably signed up with VIA and LYFT too and probably other car services we dont know about...maybe even Carmel. Guy learned a lot from his Middle East bros. His Lincoln was much better in the back than that hack who picked me up in the Benz under Black Car. I flipped him a 5 as I got out of the car with my girl. Maybe this is why we need Syrian refugees and thats to teach you guys about pimping. It seems like you need a few lessons.

As for getting sued and risk let me tell you something. Risk depends upon how much you got to lose. That dude from Haiti driving around in the fake yellow cab has nothing to lose and isnt worried about anything. The most that can happen is they take his fake yellow Crown Victoria and he gets a bunch of tickets that he ultimately wont pay. The Haiti dude smiling and laughing as they tow his fake yellow cab he picked up at auction for a grand or two. He already made that money back. No one is going to sue me because you cant sue a turnup. If UberNYC is worried about getting sued I know what neighborhood he comes from. Its not the same neighborhood as myself.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You should be the TLC commissioner
Thanks! This is the most positive and enlightening words Ive seen so far on this messageboard. Unfortunately, Im too honest and too religious to take bribes and kickbacks. If I was the TLC Commissioner, I could probably say goodbye to the old neighborhood and live up in Glen Head NY or Alpine NJ. It would be nice, but I just cant seem to take all this cash and see my bros from the old neighborhood get screwed. I am just a soldier, the working man soldier. You can keep your stars and bars.

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
This will be interesting to follow.
I operated two liveries in suburban Boston as ajuncts to my cab company.
Both required permits with Massport to have pickup privileges at Logan.
There's no softer easier way to avoid licensing boards and port authorities.
I have no horse in this race, but I'll be interested in the updates.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.