Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..

Pick up pax from Warner street in the valley tonight going to carindale, did a drive by due to it being a hot spot and came back in off Ann street. Picked up who I thought was the rider, only for the trip to be cxl whilst on the story bridge. After working out that we both bad the wrong driver/rider I did the right thing and took her to the destination. After drop off I notified the powers that be only to find out they won't be paying me for the fare as the original rider was 'left without a ride'... For all of about 2 min I'm sure.
Has anyone come across this problem and succeeded in receiving payment?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Despite them being this fabulous technology company, manually adding a trip to a rider's account is unfathomable.
I think most of us have learned this the hard way once in our uber travels.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Wow!! Uber definitely changed the way they treat their partners!
I swear the exact same thing happened to me. Only difference is I made the rider in the car make a request as soon as the original trip was cancelled.
They refunded the $12 to the rider but did not take anything from me! they left me the two fares and responded with the nicest email ever about how these things happen and not to worry about it!

Even if they couldn't charge the rider, they could've easily credited you with whatever they want. In the beginning, they used to credit me money left and right whenever I complained about something. For example, a cancellation after arrival (ETA was 2 min away) and they credited me a cancellation fee. The past few months though, their CSR's changed the way they handle a lot of situations. You can tell they give one less **** about the drivers everyday, and they already ran out of ****s to give.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your honesty in letting us know that you picked up the wrong rider for this trip.

Because the requesting rider was left without a ride, we are not able to process a fare for this trip. I understand this may be frustrating but I hope you'll understand that the person who was paying for this trip was not the person who took the ride.

In the future, I recommend you ask all riders for the name on the account before beginning the trip. You may say something like, "May I have your name?"

If you only ask something like, "Are you John?" then anyone could say yes. This increases your risk of charging the wrong rider and getting a lower rating.

Thanks again for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else I can do to help.

If you have any further questions feel free to reach us.

JUST REACHING OUT TO GET PAID!!!

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
yeah its stupid... this is why they should have profile pictures for the riders too... not just for this situation but it makes it easier to spot them in a crowd when picking them up.. its so dumb..

·
Registered
14 Posts
PAX pictures would definitely help. Picking someone up near gardens point once, I drove to the pin and there's only one person around, standing right where my pax had dropped their pin. I say "hi, are you (whatever the name was)?". She's a little confused but says yeah she is and asks how I knew that. I tell her I'm her uber driver and she's like huh? I didn't order an uber. Then my actual pax, with the same first name, runs up and jumps in

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I've only had this happen once - when I realised what happened, I got the guys in the car to immediately order from our current point - took the ride and dropped them off, then got Uber to adjust the pick up point.

The interesting thing about what Uber didn't do here (paying you) - meant that your pax had absolutely zero insurance. Had you crashed and killed her, you'd be up shit creek without a paddle, more so that if you had a legitimate pax who you ended up killing, at least you could hope Uber's insurance would kick in.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
PAX pictures would definitely help. Picking someone up near gardens point once, I drove to the pin and there's only one person around, standing right where my pax had dropped their pin. I say "hi, are you (whatever the name was)?". She's a little confused but says yeah she is and asks how I knew that. I tell her I'm her uber driver and she's like huh? I didn't order an uber. Then my actual pax, with the same first name, runs up and jumps in
It would definitely help, but Uber will never do it for several reasons. The main reason is drivers would discriminate and not pick up pax because of what they look like (ethnicity, dangerous looking or just plain ugly). It's a bit of a double standard really, I haven't had a decent picture of myself in years - I hate photo's and always look way worse than I think I do normally. I'm sure I've had pax request a ride, see my pic and then cancel LOL I actually had one girl say to me when I picked here up "you look way better in person than your picture" - I should have 1*'ed her ass :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had a similar experience , but i think mine was fraud as i picked up the only 2 people/ pax in a quiet street in the valley , not only was the trip cancelled the app had closed during the trip , so when i did the (i had an issue with the trip thing ) uber said i'd collected the wrong person, the scenario goes one guy says "hey order me an uber then when i've been picked up cancel the trip as you wont be in the car and i get a free ride " it pays to have a in car camera :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts