Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last Sunday I had three pick up changes while en route. Did not get any pings; just following the nav to pick up customer "A" and then Bam! I am looking at new directions to a new customer. No cancellation notices, no pings, nothing. Worked out ok I guess. Stats did not take a hit, although I am learning to ignore them (tough to do...) Is that common?

·
Registered
114 Posts
This last Sunday I had three pick up changes while en route. Did not get any pings; just following the nav to pick up customer "A" and then Bam! I am looking at new directions to a new customer. No cancellation notices, no pings, nothing. Worked out ok I guess. Stats did not take a hit, although I am learning to ignore them (tough to do...) Is that common?
it happens to me too

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Couple months ago uber had a blurb about this. U get routed enroute to the closest request, some other driver gets your request u were on. Sucks, there's no decision to reject ride based on pax rating.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You just gave a reason (changed to closer rider), then said you didn't get a reason.
Gotta throw a flag on that one
I see you just wanted to throw your BS flag, because you misunderstood what I said. I meant there was no reason given to change to a closer rider. no, "closer" is not good enough.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Had one today was going south for a 10 min pick up in Ptown got the message a new passenger. Only 5 mins away north of me.... Now what happen to the frist.
Uber has try a closer driver available now. So if you drop of at a spot like Kroger and I was 7 min out to pick me pax up the trip would go to you the I would get a new one closer to me. Does it work it uber?

·
Premium Member
63,086 Posts
Yes ,no one likes this feature.
Even more reason to distrust Uber.
Quite dangerous for the driver.
They also tested this feature about 8 months before they announced it.
Didn't like it then,don't like it now.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
That happend to me once. I noticed the new rider was not surging. So I cancelled on that rider, turned my app off and went home in protest. Its a new feature they are trying. It would be great if they can change riders on me when I have one 20 minutes away, but they don't. It would be cool if you actually had a chance to accept or reject though.

Seems a lot harder coding wise to figure out closer riders than adding a tipping option.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Happened to me downtown tonight. Not sure how one was closer than the other since they were literally a block from each other. I checked the rating before I picked up just in case.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That happend to me once. I noticed the new rider was not surging. So I cancelled on that rider, turned my app off and went home in protest. Its a new feature they are trying. It would be great if they can change riders on me when I have one 20 minutes away, but they don't. It would be cool if you actually had a chance to accept or reject though.

Seems a lot harder coding wise to figure out closer riders than adding a tipping option.
That happened to me too. I got a 2.6x surge after the rockets game and they sent me to a new pax mid-route. I was pissed that I couldn't reject it. I took the trip anyway, and to my surprise, I did end up getting the surge pricing. $30 from downtown to the heights.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
That happened to me too. I got a 2.6x surge after the rockets game and they sent me to a new pax mid-route. I was pissed that I couldn't reject it. I took the trip anyway, and to my surprise, I did end up getting the surge pricing. $30 from downtown to the heights.
Did you see the surge pricing on the rider info screen or did you just have to request via support for surge pricing?

·
Registered
931 Posts
This happened to me today. I was almost to the rider and suddenly I had a new pickup. Funny thing was, I was looking at my phone when it changed. Otherwise no sounds, no prompts, nothing. It just changed to a new pickup. Had I not glanced at my phone when it did this, I probably would have kept driving to the original pickup as I already knew where I was going

1 - 18 of 18 Posts