Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tired as hell of fearing for my life in certain areas. Now, an Uber driver is murdered in Cicero Illinois this past Monday and Uber doesn't give a rat's ass about our safety. Oh ! we have the "911" button so when seconds count help will be there in minutes.

I propose that whenever there is an incident harming an Uber driver that all drivers avoid pickups in that town OR REASONABLE DISTANCE FROM THE EVENT, for at least a month or until the perps are caught, not that it matters in an age of political correctness.

STRIKE AGAINST THE NEIGHBORHOODS WHERE OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS ARE HARMED !

·
Premium Member
6,801 Posts
I tired as hell of fearing for my life in certain areas. Now, an Uber driver is murdered in Cicero Illinois this past Monday and Uber doesn't give a rat's ass about our safety. Oh ! we have the "911" button so when seconds count help will be there in minutes.

I propose that whenever there is an incident harming an Uber driver that all drivers avoid pickups in that town OR REASONABLE DISTANCE FROM THE EVENT, for at least a month or until the perps are caught, not that it matters in an age of political correctness.

Pal , you won’t be able to pick up anywhere .

·
Premium Member
416 Posts

move out of that liberal state and you will be ok...

·
Premium Member
15,818 Posts
I can't figure that out...sorry.
there is a sizeable amount of 'regulars' who post here who haven't driven in years. Worse, there are a few who post here were never drivers. They (well one even posted) were told this is a cool place to chat. They really really miss AOL chat rooms. And this last group doesn't contain themselves to the 'chatting' forum either. Hum.

Occasionally they admit their status in their posts, but not often and always buried as a reply......

·
Premium Member
15,818 Posts
wouldn't that be some version of 'red lining'? Courts tend to not like stuff like that. Just saying.......

·
Premium Member
866 Posts

This is why you always carry protection in your vehicle.

As you said: When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

·
Premium Member
11,461 Posts
so this comment infers that you no longer drive. yet , you keep coming here to post.

I can't figure that out...sorry.
Yea, my shrink says its the same as looking closely and slowing down as you roll past a bad auto accident.
I just can't help it.

But, I still feel sorry for the victims laying on the hood of their crumpled smoking Yugo. They were prolly warned too -- so they share some responsibility ... but, I still feel sorry for ya'll.

Sorry.

there is a sizeable amount of 'regulars' who post here who haven't driven in years. Worse, there are a few who post here were never drivers. They (well one even posted) were told this is a cool place to chat. They really really miss AOL chat rooms. And this last group doesn't contain themselves to the 'chatting' forum either. Hum.

Occasionally they admit their status in their posts, but not often and always buried as a reply......
Yea, I don't mind admitting it. I drove a Yellow cab in SF in the mid-70's. I had a Ford LTD Station wagon. It was a beast. She got 11 miles to a gallon, and I didn't care. Gas was pennies. And I got a lot of airport rides with lots of luggage ... for an extra fee, of course.
The professional girls liked my car because it rode like a caddy, and was easy to spot coming for them - the only station wagon yellow cab.

Almost 40 years later I fell on hard times and in 2015 started driving again ... and Uber saved my bacon. That was back when you could almost make a living driving for them. But I realized pretty early that this is a shit job - and I treated it that way.
I used Uber like a lambskin prophylactic .. when they could not serve ME any long I dropped em ... plop. DONE with you beeech!

But, this is a pretty cool forum.
Wish I'd of known it was for sale. You all would be calling me "Master of the UP Universe".

Besides that ... who would turn this group of misfit miscreants loose on the internet.
And every once in a while I think I convince someone to get out of RS. And, that has to be a good mark that I get to point to on judgement day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts