Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know I got Prius 2011 and my PHV expiring on 27/06/2018 but I m going away this week for 2 months so can I renew when I m back after expiring or it's gonna be 5 years old rule apply Please advice if anyone know about this
Many thanks

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
i want to know I got Prius 2011 and my PHV expiring on 27/06/2018 but I m going away this week for 2 months so can I renew when I m back after expiring or it's gonna be 5 years old rule apply Please advice if anyone know about this
Many thanks
You can.

Book phv licence renewal in advance.

But then you need to send back to TfL your roundels.
Surrendering private hire vehicle licences
If you buy a vehicle that has been licensed by us as a private hire vehicle and you are not using it for that purpose, OR if you are selling a TfL licensed private hire vehicle that will no longer be used for private hire purposes, you must return the licence discs found on the front and rear windscreen, as well as the paper vehicle licence to TfL.

You must return the licence discs and paper licence to this address:

London Taxi and Private Hire
PO Box 177
Sheffield
S98 1JY

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Many thanks
The rule is 5 years old when FIRST licensed, you can carry on using most vehicle up to 10 years old if they have already been licensed and I think 15 years for hybrids.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Many thanks
With Logbook in hand phone them up they will ask you co2 figure from Logbook below 100 they will book you for inspection they need 14 days mot and insurance Logbook or (green slip and receipt )

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
Many thanks
Have a nice holiday and renew when you get back through appointment made prior to departure.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
The rule is 5 years old when FIRST licensed, you can carry on using most vehicle up to 10 years old if they have already been licensed and I think 15 years for hybrids.
The under 5 year rule doesn't apply to Hybrids.

The 10year age limit does.

Put it in early for the last one and get nearly 11 years out of it.

It will be dead after nearly 11 years.

The only reason people used to Minicab older cars prior to TFL was people would buy older low milers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts