Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toronto Star Article on drivers driving under other drivers acccount for 'nefarious reasons': https://www.thestar.com/wsj/busines...rty-little-secret-shared-driver-accounts.html

Apparently it is a thing in London, UK, and was one of the key issues why they are currently in the process of shutting UBER down in that city.
I have not done a comprehensive search on UP.NET to see if it has been discussed in the larger, non-regional subforums, but i thought I would ask, has anyone here done this?
It seems like a lot of work/risk for precious little gain, unless you are really desperate to drive for peanuts...

·
Premium Member
8,989 Posts
Facial software that takes a picture is actually taking a short video. Hold perfectly still your phone on a tripod and don't blink or use a photo of someone and it will fail the scan.

We have been testing many different software products that verify identity in the banking industry. It's more than just a picture compare.

·
Premium Member
4,557 Posts
Saw it happening at the Q on my only visit early on!
Had another “driver” approach me with a walkie talkie outside a hotel asking to switch cars!!

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I have (had) another uber driver in the household. Opposite gender (and age). Once grabbed wrong phone, put it online, it asked for selfie, click - and their account gone forever. Emailed Uber, explained, got a robotic response that the decision is final.

·
Premium Member
18,281 Posts
I have (had) another uber driver in the household. Opposite gender (and age). Once grabbed wrong phone, put it online, it asked for selfie, click - and their account gone forever. Emailed Uber, explained, got a robotic response that the decision is final.
As it should be.... don't need crooks, or incompetence on the platform.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Toronto Star Article on drivers driving under other drivers acccount for 'nefarious reasons': https://www.thestar.com/wsj/busines...rty-little-secret-shared-driver-accounts.html

Apparently it is a thing in London, UK, and was one of the key issues why they are currently in the process of shutting UBER down in that city.
I have not done a comprehensive search on UP.NET to see if it has been discussed in the larger, non-regional subforums, but i thought I would ask, has anyone here done this?
It seems like a lot of work/risk for precious little gain, unless you are really desperate to drive for peanuts...
And how do you get round that random "take a selfie for verification purposes" bizness? Or am I the only one that gets it??

·
Premium Member
16,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And how do you get round that random "take a selfie for verification purposes" bizness? Or am I the only one that gets it??
I have no idea on any of this. I guess a driver holds up a photo of the original driver and takes a 'selfie' of that?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Yes, it happens at the most inopportune time when you are busy on a Saturday night. LOL.
Tell me about it! 😂

I have no idea on any of this. I guess a driver holds up a photo of the original driver and takes a 'selfie' of that?
Kurt!!🤦‍♂😂

Facial software that takes a picture is actually taking a short video. Hold perfectly still your phone on a tripod and don't blink or use a photo of someone and it will fail the scan.

We have been testing many different software products that verify identity in the banking industry. It's more than just a picture compare.
Tripod, in your car??

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
The selfie feature is useless. All you need to do is call the account holder and have them login to the Uber app and take a selfie. Then you log back in. I know a few drivers that are using this technique.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts