Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a weird thing happen last night/early this morning. I went to a pick up at a hotel near the airport and through the app messaged my rider that I was in the turnaround near the checkin desk. She told me she was looking for me and didn't see me. She then asked what check in desk and I told her at the hotel. She said she was at the convenience store next door. No problem sometimes the app locations aren't exactly right so I pull over to the convenience store. The timer is running towards cancelation this whole time and I let her know that I am in front of the convenience store (I was the only car in the lot) and waited the full time to cancel. I canceled and got paid for the cancelation and pulled away. I got about a half mile down the road and the same ride tried to ping me. I ignored it. Fast forward to 2:15 this morning a full 2 hours after I logged out and 3 and a half hours after I canceled the ride, I get a phone call. It is the person that I canceled the ride on. "Hi, this M***** you know the one you canceled the ride on earlier, are you still out driving because Uber is telling me no drivers available. I was dead asleep and told her that I was off the clock and asleep. That was creepy that a canceled customer could still call me 2 hours after I logged out and over 3 hours after the cancelation. How is that possible and why would they allow that?

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I had a weird thing happen last night/early this morning. I went to a pick up at a hotel near the airport and through the app messaged my rider that I was in the turnaround near the checkin desk. She told me she was looking for me and didn't see me. She then asked what check in desk and I told her at the hotel. She said she was at the convenience store next door. No problem sometimes the app locations aren't exactly right so I pull over to the convenience store. The timer is running towards cancelation this whole time and I let her know that I am in front of the convenience store (I was the only car in the lot) and waited the full time to cancel. I canceled and got paid for the cancelation and pulled away. I got about a half mile down the road and the same ride tried to ping me. I ignored it. Fast forward to 2:15 this morning a full 2 hours after I logged out and 3 and a half hours after I canceled the ride, I get a phone call. It is the person that I canceled the ride on. "Hi, this M***** you know the one you canceled the ride on earlier, are you still out driving because Uber is telling me no drivers available. I was dead asleep and told her that I was off the clock and asleep. That was creepy that a canceled customer could still call me 2 hours after I logged out and over 3 hours after the cancelation. How is that possible and why would they allow that?
Good thing you didnt sit there
waiting for her all that time.
You shoulda told her
she didnt show up the first time
why would l you think
I woulda wanna try it again LOL

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Supposedly Uber‘s internal phone connections keep you linked to your last passenger until you except another ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Supposedly Uber‘s internal phone connections keep you linked to your last passenger until you except another ride.
I had taken 2 other requests after that so she wasn't my most recent. Besides that, I had been logged off for over 2 hours. There is no reason that a passenger should be able to call you when you are not logged on to the app.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I had taken 2 other requests after that so she wasn't my most recent. Besides that, I had been logged off for over 2 hours. There is no reason that a passenger should be able to call you when you are not logged on to the app.
“got about a half mile down the road and the same ride tried to ping me. I ignored it. Fast forward to 2:15 this morning”

If you did not accept a ping and pick up a passenger you are still linked to the previous passenger.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Both apps now allow pax to contact drivers and the phone numbers are spoofed. They are also trying to get drivers to contact pax about lost items without involving Rohit using the same system.
After this happening on both platforms this month, I’m reconsidering my previous position on “answering pax phone calls”. Formerly, I would agree, but now i think ignorance is bliss.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I don’t answer calls from unknown numbers unless I am expecting one. Whenever I get a voice mail from a pax I label the number as “U Pax” and block it. There are about 40 numbers in my market.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It may be she called you once during the trip and your answer machine responded which usually states your phone number, that’s the only explanation I can think of how she got your number!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can say the number that came up when she called can be looked up and it does say that it is a making number with Uber so at least she did not have my actual phone number and had to call through the app.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I can say the number that came up when she called can be looked up and it does say that it is a making number with Uber so at least she did not have my actual phone number and had to call through the app.
Yes, but as I said, even if they call through the app, if you send them to (your default setup) voicemail, it literally says your phone number in the greeting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts