Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For New Jersey people:
I currently have a personal vehicle that Qualifies for uber black in new jersey. I want to get "ol" plates. When I get my requirements ready for limousine registration, do I just go to dmv and tell them i want to convert my current registration to limousine?? My vehicle is financed if that matters thanks guys

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
For New Jersey people:
I currently have a personal vehicle that Qualifies for uber black in new jersey. I want to get "ol" plates. When I get my requirements ready for limousine registration, do I just go to dmv and tell them i want to convert my current registration to limousine?? My vehicle is financed if that matters thanks guys
No.
There is another thread, you might want to read before you go to DMV. That thread provides all necessary details. Sorry i forgot the link.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
You may want to think twice. CT just dumped UberBlack and replaced with Premium. No commercial plates and insurance required anymore. Doesn't mean that will happen in NJ but our states rate cuts have followed closely so some caution may be prudent unless you plan on building your own clientel outside of Uber.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
You may want to think twice. CT just dumped UberBlack and replaced with Premium. No commercial plates and insurance required anymore. Doesn't mean that will happen in NJ but our states rate cuts have followed closely so some caution may be prudent unless you plan on building your own clientel outside of Uber.
I expect Black to be replaced with Premium in NJ shortly. I might look into Premium if they do that, but the risk of them dropping Black now means there is zero chance I'd look into that.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are there any talks of nj going into premium? So i am guessing black drivers will make less with premium?

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
man, if Premium comes to jersey. I might actually do it. LOL

no need for commercial plates or insurance. I’m looking at used Lincoln MKZ Hybrid.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
For New Jersey people:
Go to NYC, get your TLC license and resister the car with TLC. Way easier then try to get a near impossible OL Plates

1 - 12 of 12 Posts