Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It happens when the request has gone away while you were trying to accept. Nothing sinister here, they just don't do a good job of detecting this condition and showing you a more meaningful message.
I don't think so considering I was about 500 yards from the location of ping, it went through twice and 5 minutes later I watched another driver pick up passenger

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I don't think so considering I was about 500 yards from the location of ping, it went through twice and 5 minutes later I watched another driver pick up passenger
You were not necessarily the first to get the ping request. You might have been second or third. The rider gets no feedback on this. From your perspective it looks like the request has been active for 5 seconds or less but from their perspective it may have been 25-45 seconds.

I assure there is nothing weird going on here.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You were not necessarily the first to get the ping request. You might have been second or third. The rider gets no feedback on this. From your perspective it looks like the request has been active for 5 seconds or less but from their perspective it may have been 25-45 seconds.

I assure there is nothing weird going on here.
Lol. So my app freezing afterwards is nothing weird here? Never happened before or after in over 16 months. I've gotten invalid request but not permission denied

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Lol. So my app freezing afterwards is nothing weird here? Never happened before or after in over 16 months. I've gotten invalid request but not permission denied
It's happened to me. I've noticed the few times this happens, I'm in an area with a really poor signal. For instance, the border between Oradell, Paramus, and River Edge has always been crap for cell phone service... Or Rt. 4 and Teaneck Rd. The permission denied AND invalid request notifications have been common there, as well as other fun stuff, like not being able to complete the trip in the app...

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Maybe permission denied means the the service is too poor to accept the request.
Invalid request may mean service may be strong enough to accept, but the ping was already cancelled?
Just guesses.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
When I say nothing weird is happening I'm referring to the folks who immediately jump to conspiracy theories when they hear anything at all.

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
Even aside from non-English-speaking CSRs from the other side of the world, Uber just doesn't know how to talk to people!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I'm hopeful that Jeff Jones helps change this culture, but I'm not holding my breath.
Jeff Jones sounds an awful lot like Jim Jones. Both are known to offer up some nice Kool Aid.
Honestly, the only thing I noticed in one of the emails Uber sent from him was his rundown on all the issues drivers ask him about. When it came to "earnings," he didn't mention rates, only making the platform "busier."

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Jeff Jones sounds an awful lot like Jim Jones. Both are known to offer up some nice Kool Aid.
Honestly, the only thing I noticed in one of the emails Uber sent from him was his rundown on all the issues drivers ask him about. When it came to "earnings," he didn't mention rates, only making the platform "busier."
what is the story behind your profile picture?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts