Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I was finally getting back into driving around ubering and used uber as a 2nd job. Then all of a sudden

"We are writing to inform you that your account has been permanently deactivated because of repeated issues with high cancellation rates. Providing reliability to riders is extremely important, and you have continued to cancel an extremely high rate of trips"

I got ONE email last week as a warning so I replied to them saying I need some stats because I honestly felt I did not cancel that many rides and they replied saying you're a very valued partner with a 4.8 rating and 87% acceptance rate so disregard that automated email. I was like alright cool im fine. I do remember cancelling 3 rides in a row on Wednesday night but damn PERMANENTLY deactivating me?! wtf. I emailed them without success at getting a response. I'm planning on going into the office tomorrow morning but its a 40 min ride for me -_- What is a good excuse for me to tell them that might make them reactivate my account?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Be very polite and do not yell or scream for I know one guy went to the office and yelled at them on why he was deactivated and he has no chance. Just appeal but with calming manner.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I was finally getting back into driving around ubering and used uber as a 2nd job. Then all of a sudden

"We are writing to inform you that your account has been permanently deactivated because of repeated issues with high cancellation rates. Providing reliability to riders is extremely important, and you have continued to cancel an extremely high rate of trips"

I got ONE email last week as a warning so I replied to them saying I need some stats because I honestly felt I did not cancel that many rides and they replied saying you're a very valued partner with a 4.8 rating and 87% acceptance rate so disregard that automated email. I was like alright cool im fine. I do remember cancelling 3 rides in a row on Wednesday night but damn PERMANENTLY deactivating me?! wtf. I emailed them without success at getting a response. I'm planning on going into the office tomorrow morning but its a 40 min ride for me -_- What is a good excuse for me to tell them that might make them reactivate my account?
Take the email in showing the 87% acceptance rate & your rating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
they tried the same thing with me the other day. after I wrote a nasty email to support about not being eligable for wait time fees, they responded threatening deactivation. the only time I've cancelled is a rider noshow. or didn't accept because my telephone froze.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Go to the PSC and play completely stoopid. I'm talking dumb as a box of rocks.
Pretend all that nasty back n' forth never happened. Say you can't log on or
take ride requests and act like you have no idea why. You were trying to come in sooner
but you took a couple days to get a tune up and some new accessories for your uber car
and you're anxious to get back on the road. Also, you've been having some trouble with
the app lately and you don't know whether it's the 'software' or your phone causing the
issue but sometimes it just hangs when a request comes in and you try to accept it,
but just to be sure, you're going to get a new phone this week to make certain you don't
miss any rider requests.....

That is if you don't mind blatantly lying out your buttocks to keep the job...if you still want it.

Assuming you do want to keep going, just be calm and real stupid and make sure
you tell them how smart they are. This has worked before. You can try and see how you do with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
take ride requests and act like you have no idea why. You were trying to come in sooner
but you took a couple days to get a tune up and some new accessories for your uber car
and you're anxious to get back on the road. Also, you've been having some trouble with
the app lately and you don't know whether it's the 'software' or your phone causing the
issue but sometimes it just hangs when a request comes in and you try to accept it,
but just to be sure, you're going to get a new phone this week to make certain you don't

That is if you don't mind blatantly lying out your buttocks to keep the job...if you still want it.

you tell them how smart they are. This has worked before. You can try and see how you do with it.
it's so crazy, it might just work!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I wish I had seen this yesterday morning before I went in. I have a very hard time lyingetting that hard. I do want to keep my job but the risk of them calling my bluff and then still not being able to keep the job would've destroyed me. I went in aND clearly explained that I was deactivated and I would love to continue driving and will make sure to stop cancelling rides all together. I did through in the "my phone was messing up" so I really hope I get back on it soon. She said she will call me on Monday and let me know what happened. I realized this weekend after bumming around in the house the whole weekend that I need uber back. ASAP.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Are you FT or PT? If FT, Apply to drive cabs, they need drivers. Do not mention uber to them at all, other than how much you hate it.
PT, lyft.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I wish I had seen this yesterday morning before I went in. I have a very hard time lyingetting that hard. I do want to keep my job but the risk of them calling my bluff and then still not being able to keep the job would've destroyed me. I went in aND clearly explained that I was deactivated and I would love to continue driving and will make sure to stop cancelling rides all together. I did through in the "my phone was messing up" so I really hope I get back on it soon. She said she will call me on Monday and let me know what happened. I realized this weekend after bumming around in the house the whole weekend that I need uber back. ASAP.
I wish you had as well:(

I'd be very surprised if they call you. They don't usually call anybody, do they ?
Anybody else know ? I heard of them calling a partner for something related to
a passenger request or lost item, but talking to Uber on the phone is unusual.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you FT or PT? If FT, Apply to drive cabs, they need drivers. Do not mention uber to them at all, other than how much you hate it.
PT, lyft.
Thankfully, I'm PT. Only do this on the weekends but it was a juicy few weeks doing this PT and having a FT job at a bank. I'm gonna miss that ;( But im still holding out hope they will call me lol

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I met an Uber employee that was submissive. She was nice :).
The group meets on the third wednesday of each month.
Drivers are welcome to join in by invitation. I didn't go.
There's no need to be scared because it only hurts the first time
and just for a little while. Your bathroom habits will return to normal.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts