Uber Drivers Forum banner

Has a pax ever asked you if you were a serial killer?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My complaint is about mis-perception of rideshare drivers. I'm tired of pax getting in my car asking me if I'm an axe-murderer. Wtf is that? I do rideshare to save more. We Americans need to save MORE - waaaay more. I do rideshare so I can jack up my 401k at my regular job and so I can save and invest more overall. Rideshare drivers are savers, not total nutcases.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
My complaint is about mis-perception of rideshare drivers. I'm tired of pax getting in my car asking me if I'm an axe-murderer. Wtf is that? I do rideshare to save more. We Americans need to save MORE - waaaay more. I do rideshare so I can jack up my 401k at my regular job and so I can save and invest more overall. Rideshare drivers are savers, not total nutcases.
Have you considered axe murdering your pax? No only does it make for a delicious rhyme I find its the only sure fire way to shut them up.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Blame the media.
Most of the time when you read stories about TNC drivers in newspapers or on the Internet, it's when some driver has been caught doing something immoral.
This is what sticks in pax minds.. not the 99% of drivers who are safe & law-abiding.
I notice they look for any excuse to squeeze UberDriver into their story.

Two suspects were running from the cops after knocking over a third KFC today and pistol whipping a pregnant woman when they ran through a red light in their carjacked vehicle and flattened a priest, crashed through a wall in a pet store and killed 1000 adorable puppies. After driving through the mall like the blues brothers they let all the lions out of the zoo which then proceeded to eat all the zookeepers. While exiting the zoo parking lot they inadvertently sideswiped a parked UberCar whose driver was in the market buying groceries. We're looking into the UberAngle to see if the driver was legally parked or not.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Every time I turn down a "no outlet" road with a pax in the car I say "this is where I get ubermurdered" and get a nice laugh out of it.
With your permission (granted! ah, thank you) I'd like to "punch up" your joke just a little bit..

Every time I turn down a "no outlet" road with a pax in the car I say "this is where you get ubermurdered" and get a nice laugh out of it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Every time I turn down a "no outlet" road with a pax in the car I say "this is where I get ubermurdered" and get a nice laugh out of it.
Always ask if the pax has paid for the upgrade to Uber murder? If not let them know Uber will charge them more for Uber murder fare.

Cheap psycho will not pay extra and you'll be safe. :cool:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I tell them I prefer a woodchucker.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Have you considered axe murdering your pax?
Personally, I think that's a poor choice. It would make a terrible mess and trying to get a decent swing in a car interior is problematic for a full size ax. I think an ice ax or tactical tomahawk (always a crowd pleaser) with a spike would be a better choice. Smaller, more compact and you could use the pointy end to keep them from running away while you drag them outside and manically pound them into a bloody pulp that takes a corner's team five days to reassemble. A single puncture wound is less likely to bleed all over your seats, unless you strike a major artery. Getting trace evidence out of your car without bleach is going to be a problem, DNA is actually a pretty tough compound.

No, I never put any thought into that at all.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Personally, I think that's a poor choice. It would make a terrible mess and trying to get a decent swing in a car interior is problematic for a full size ax. I think an ice ax or tactical tomahawk (always a crowd pleaser) with a spike would be a better choice. Smaller, more compact and you could use the pointy end to keep them from running away while you drag them outside and manically pound them into a bloody pulp that takes a corner's team five days to reassemble. A single puncture wound is less likely to bleed all over your seats, unless you strike a major artery. Getting trace evidence out of your car without bleach is going to be a problem, DNA is actually a pretty tough compound.

I think it's more susceptible to a lower pH than it is to a higher one. Have you tried a CLR type or maybe a grout cleaner?

·
Premium Member
64,580 Posts
I've never tried an axe . . . . .
Hmmmmm . . .
Wonder if it's quicker than an ice pick . . .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64,580 Posts

A welding chipping hammer is for you ! You can sharpen the blade end and the punch end to your satisfaction. Note the spring handle to absorb unpleasant shock to hand and fingers from striking large bone mass such as skulls and shoulder blades . . . . .

It's solid stainless steel construction makes it Dishwasher safe for e.z. cleanup ! No absorption for forensics like tell tale wooden handles !

You must LOOK like an axe murderer.

I always answer " do you mean convicted of murder or just committing a murder? Because I've never been convicted of anything"
It's NOT murder if they can't find the body !
It's " missing person".

I notice they look for any excuse to squeeze UberDriver into their story.

Two suspects were running from the cops after knocking over a third KFC today and pistol whipping a pregnant woman when they ran through a red light in their carjacked vehicle and flattened a priest, crashed through a wall in a pet store and killed 1000 adorable puppies. After driving through the mall like the blues brothers they let all the lions out of the zoo which then proceeded to eat all the zookeepers. While exiting the zoo parking lot they inadvertently sideswiped a parked UberCar whose driver was in the market buying groceries. We're looking into the UberAngle to see if the driver was legally parked or not.
No no no. That's not how they do it.
Headline would read
"UBER DRIVER INVOLVED IN PUPPY TRAMPLING CRIME SPREE "!

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts

I wonder what amount Uber would give for the clean up fee?

·
Premium Member
64,580 Posts

Retractable bolt,with 2,800 p.s.I. nitrogen tank . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You drive 100 miles and will make $100 bucks....if you're lucky. I drive my cab 100 miles and pocket $200 after all my expenses. Yes, "rideshare" driving is for nutcases. Why else you you put yourself in potentially such great danger for so little reward? Might as well volunteer to be an 11B in the Army because Uncle Sam tosses in room and board, and healthcare.

Realize that driving a taxi, which you are, is one of the most dangerous jobs you can do....short of crab fishing, logging or being a cop. Yet you do it for beggars wages. Why? Because you're hard up for income.

There are three types of people who drive for Uber/Lyft:

1. The unemployed.
2. The unemployable.
3. The underemployed.

Well...4 if you count the housewife who's hunting for some side action. :)

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
I have the opposite problem: During rides I drop random hints of my travels and adventures, which leads to questions, which I can respond with stories about glacier hiking in Patagonia, flying lessons in Alaska, or my favorite cocktail spots in Europe.

People leave wishing they had the same life, especially married guys with kids, or business travelers grinding out a week.

Doesn't work with groups of young people though; because they're all too self absorbed in their own drama to listen or care.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts