Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever stopped to think about just how unsanitary this is..?

Let's be real here.. You're ordering an un-sealed beverage from a taxi. Even worse are the places that hand you the big slurpee straw that isn't sealed either.

There's a reason Pizza joints only deliver 2 Liter Sodas. Because they're sealed...

I foresee this one coming back to bite Uber some day. There have to be some serious health code violations going on with this whole scheme.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Have you ever had to pick up from Potbelly? They have a milkshake that they slide two cookies down the straw. If I got that from an Uber driver, I wouldn't eat those cookies.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
yep have to agree. I also have several restaurants that put opened straws in the drink and expect me to deliver like that! I'm like, no way get a new straw.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The smoothie places here either tape the drink or wrap it in plastic or foil. There are even some geniuses that put the drink in the UE paper bag and staple it. Of course, those are the ones that don't secure the drinks and they spill in the bag.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's weird when people only order drinks. Like, why? Do they think that the drinks won't be made instantly, sit around waiting for a driver to pick them up, then sit in the driver's car (which could be hot or cold, clean or dirty, etc) for the ride and will still be fresh and taste good when delivered? A dude ordered a small mcflurry the other night. That's it. Strange.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Have you ever stopped to think about just how unsanitary this is..?

Let's be real here.. You're ordering an un-sealed beverage from a taxi. Even worse are the places that hand you the big slurpee straw that isn't sealed either.

There's a reason Pizza joints only deliver 2 Liter Sodas. Because they're sealed...

I foresee this one coming back to bite Uber some day. There have to be some serious health code violations going on with this whole scheme.
They deliver 2 liters *because they don't spill*, not because of rape drugs in drinks.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They deliver 2 liters *because they don't spill*, not because of rape drugs in drinks.
I get that, obviously. They are sealed. That's the whole point I'm making here. I'm not only implying that an Uber driver will mess with it. The fact that it's not sealed opens a can of worms for all kinds of possibilities.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I get that, obviously. They are sealed. That's the whole point I'm making here. I'm not only implying that an Uber driver will mess with it. The fact that it's not sealed opens a can of worms for all kinds of possibilities.
Yeah and with the new hiring standards of "felonies are a-ok", I tend to agree

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
If I get to a joint and the resturant puts a cup on the table and says they want a coke, mt dew ect. I say sorry Ubereats is delivery only and we've been told not to make any part of the order. "Other drivers do it" or any type of backtalk I ask for a manager. If manager isn't cool then I call uber and have them explain to manager. After they prepare the drinks, I cancel just to spite them.

Then I go offline and wait for the next uber delivery person and explain to them what happened. Hey, at least the drinks are ready for them

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I get to a joint and the resturant puts a cup on the table and says they want a coke, mt dew ect. I say sorry Ubereats is delivery only and we've been told not to make any part of the order. "Other drivers do it" or any type of backtalk I ask for a manager. If manager isn't cool then I call uber and have them explain to manager. After they prepare the drinks, I cancel just to spite them.

Then I go offline and wait for the next uber delivery person and explain to them what happened. Hey, at least the drinks are ready for them
That's hilarious but it sounds like too much work. I decided to quit arguing with restaurants and I just skip straight to the cancel part. They get pissed enough when you cancel.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Can’t forget ice cream! Especially in the summertime. I’ll have restaurant staff pack ice cream in with the hot food sitting there on the counter waiting for me to get there.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Can't forget ice cream! Especially in the summertime. I'll have restaurant staff pack ice cream in with the hot food sitting there on the counter waiting for me to get there.
There are a couple of ice cream shops here on ubereats. They prepare the order then put in their freezer and THEN request a driver.
I get there and they Bring out the order all cold and bagged with an ice pack. Awesome setup.

Then there's one resturant as you described. Ice cream on top of the hot food and by the time I get to the customer, it's melty

·
Registered
275 Posts
There are a couple of ice cream shops here on ubereats. They prepare the order then put in their freezer and THEN request a driver.
I get there and they Bring out the order all cold and bagged with an ice pack. Awesome setup.
Of course if they're doing it right, but still at the same time where I live it's extremely hot in the summer...I personally think that ice cream delivery is a bad idea..it seems most merchants would think the same? Is it worth the hassle especially considering that most drivers don't even bother with a hot/cold bag and third party app order problems are hard to fix. If I were an owner I would 86 ice cream for delivery. Sometimes it's just one scoop with desert.

I keep a small Styrofoam cooler inside of a box..It's helpful! But I also try to provide the best service I can't at all times!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ubereats McDonalds actually don't unwrap the straws and their employees make the drinks. Heck, they even seal their bags shut with stickers. Very professional.
Totally correct! Most of the restaurants I pick up from seal the bag and the drinks with tape. If they don't, I ask them to. I don't want anyone thinking that I had any part in the preparation of their food. When it is delivered sealed, that is their guarantee that their meal was put into the bag, sealed and is now being delivered to then, sealed. I even put the restaurant's bag into my insulated bag and the customer removes their order from my insulated bag. It makes for a much better and more appreciated delivery.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Totally correct! Most of the restaurants I pick up from seal the bag and the drinks with tape. If they don't, I ask them to. I don't want anyone thinking that I had any part in the preparation of their food. When it is delivered sealed, that is their guarantee that their meal was put into the bag, sealed and is now being delivered to then, sealed. I even put the restaurant's bag into my insulated bag and the customer removes their order from my insulated bag. It makes for a much better and more appreciated delivery.
I take their food out of the bag for them now. Used to do what you do but once had a guy take the delivery bag.
It was when I was still testing out delivery, so not very serious and the bag was One of those 99¢ reusable grocery bags so whatever. Luckily I had a backup bag

Try or I provide the best I can!
Go read the part of your post I quoted :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts