Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waze has been testing it's new ride sharing platform and apparently people are lining up to drive for .54 cents a mile in SF. Waze plans on taking an additional 15 percent fee from the .54 cents per mile!!! Apparently it was a success in the bay area and now they are bringing it to other cities!!! Full story here https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/22/google-waze-ride-sharing-expansion/

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's obviously not profitable, which is why it's marketed as a carpooling app. Just meant to give you a few extra bucks on your way to work. Pretty smart if you ask me, many people aren't interested in driving for a living but would be willing to take a pax if it genuinely wasn't out of the way.

·
Premium Member
3,125 Posts
I heard something like this from Google. It basically grab book someone to take them to work on your way to work. Not really any profit either way.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Waze has been testing it's new ride sharing platform and apparently people are lining up to drive for .54 cents a mile in SF. Waze plans on taking an additional 15 percent fee from the .54 cents per mile!!! Apparently it was a success in the bay area and now they are bringing it to other cities!!! Full story here https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/22/google-waze-ride-sharing-expansion/
They have been testing it for a while, it is supposed to be a real ride sharing service, not a "for profit service". Another reason why Uber is not happy with Google.
Driver'side only get 2 trips per day, they link you white someone going in the same direction to work and from work.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Race to the bottom
Started from the bottom now still here
Started from the bottom now the whole team here

I heard something like this from Google. It basically grab book someone to take them to work on your way to work. Not really any profit either way.
I see it as subsidizing my ride to work. But then again I see weird stuff that doesn't make sense to a logical person

Thinking outside the skull

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
I've always said, well okay - thought - the driverless car world belongs to the Navigation Companies.

·
Premium Member
63,058 Posts
We must find them and burn them alive !

S
Started from the bottom now still here
Started from the bottom now the whole team here

I see it as subsidizing my ride to work. But then again I see weird stuff that doesn't make sense to a logical person

Thinking outside the skull
Tarted from the bottom,now you've dug a hole.

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
With this option available people are going to start thinking of riding around in poo as being a premium service
Snooty nosed co-worker says: Oh, I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those Waze rides. I mean come on, that's for commoners. Oh my god, did I tell you about the nice duck I met in my UberPool this morning...so suave and debonair he was. All 4 of us different riders just swooned over him...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts