Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://qz.com/1293741/people-join-...n-boss-but-the-algorithm-is-really-in-charge/

"What gets muddled in this telling of the gig economy is the idea of control. An Uber driver can pick her hours, yes. But is she really her own boss, or is the boss the company's algorithm? The algorithm, after all, determines where the driver will head next, who she'll pick up, and how much she'll be paid for that trip. In other words, many important features of the job are outside the driver's control."

·
Premium Member
64,226 Posts
https://qz.com/1293741/people-join-...n-boss-but-the-algorithm-is-really-in-charge/

"What gets muddled in this telling of the gig economy is the idea of control. An Uber driver can pick her hours, yes. But is she really her own boss, or is the boss the company's algorithm? The algorithm, after all, determines where the driver will head next, who she'll pick up, and how much she'll be paid for that trip. In other words, many important features of the job are outside the driver's control."
Because our " Government" has sold us all down the River to foreigners

The Unborn are burdened with tax debt to pay interest on National Debt .

So briefly " Elected" politicians could
" Get Theirs Today"!

·
Banned
889 Posts

Calling that notion a myth is ******ed, whatever the next level of ******ed-ness is.

Yes you are your own boss

i loath bullcrap like this --- it espouses this idea that the entities are predatory and the driver's/workers/etc are victims

·
Registered
77 Posts
Calling that notion a myth is ******ed, whatever the next level of ******ed-ness is.

i loath bullcrap like this --- it espouses this idea that the entities are predatory and the driver's/workers/etc are victims
I should be able to enter my own mile rate in the ap if I'm an independent contractor.

Send me rides for $1.50 a mile only.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts

Intriguing

·
Premium Member
10,752 Posts

For the hard of thinking: you can choose to work 9:30am to 1:30pm but that doesn't mean you will get any significant pay during that time.

I should be able to enter my own mile rate in the ap if I'm an independent contractor.

Send me rides for $1.50 a mile only.
Especially since UBER gets to quote prices that are not based on the rates but based on what they think they can get away with.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts

Think you are your own boss? Ok. Set your own rates pre ride then cancel at will. See how that works out for ya.

·
Banned
889 Posts
Think you are your own boss? Ok. Set your own rates pre ride then cancel at will. See how that works out for ya.
If you get requests from uber you sign up for their rules.

Every aspect of doing this makes u your own boss
You dress how you like
Etc etc etc

I drive Black SUV so I'm not a bitter but I can appreciate all the positives to

For the hard of thinking: you can choose to work 9:30am to 1:30pm but that doesn't mean you will get any significant pay during that time.

Especially since UBER gets to quote prices that are not based on the rates but based on what they think they can get away with.
What's your point? It's their business, we get paid mile and time, simple

Plus, upfront pricing is a beautiful thing, it gives us the opportunity (whenever possible) to Long haul - and Uber pays the extra - not the pax

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.