Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know bikes, pedestrians, scooters, whatever you wanna ride on.... all people walking on the sidewalks have a chip on their shoulder.

they will walk in front of traffic, flip you off, and smile with a smugness that makes you want to murder them.

I had 2 people today that qualified and I had to share because I might actually explode if i don't just share this with the internet (no one cares about uber drivers woahs except uber drivers).

Person 1:

In berkeley, i (and everyone else) was abruptly stopped on a green so that a person on a "Bird" (green one) scooter could cut us all off, flip us all off, and say "learn the law ***** its my right of way!!!"

this pissed everyone off to no end and I am positive that everyone would have curb stomped her if they could have.

Person 2:

Man riding bike in bike lane in Berkeley is blocking the right lane by riding in the full lane. He is getting honked at and is also flipping off everyone. So i lay on the horn since i am behind him.

He gets off his bike at the stop light, walks over, and spits on my windshield while flipping me off.

I get out of my car, walk over to him with my baseball bat and shove the shit out of him.

He took down my plates and said he was going to report me to uber, but seriously enough is enough

Not to mention that this was the first time i have EVER picked up that bat in the car... i am also NOT a violent person.

This job kills you. Period. In Every way.

I am going to beat the shit out of whoever is the next person to touch my car.

Jail? at least i get 3 hots and a cot FOR FREE. No more Rashid

PS i also had a fat ***** in oakland report me to uber because she was too troubled to walk across a 4 lane road to my car without huffing and puffing. She slams my door and i say to not do that. She says **** you and so do I. Then i get the Uber email.

I really hate this hobby called Uber Driving

I call it a hobby because work is supposed to be profitable and not harmful to your mental and physical well being

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
This is another reason NOT to drive east bay lol it’s not just you people there are a little bit difficult, doesn’t matter age , race or gender they are just a little too angry.

Sadly they do own the road , you just have to suffer inside lol everyone hates bikers but you did not have to honk at the guy , you should be sharing the road not terrorizing the poor guy lol he can write down the number plates all he wants , Uber won’t care.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
This is another reason NOT to drive east bay lol it's not just you people there are a little bit difficult, doesn't matter age , race or gender they are just a little too angry.

Sadly they do own the road , you just have to suffer inside lol everyone hates bikers but you did not have to honk at the guy , you should be sharing the road not terrorizing the poor guy lol he can write down the number plates all he wants , Uber won't care.
If he reports you then Uber will send you a nastymail. Prepare your reply ahead of time. Prepare your story about what he did to you first, lie as much as you like. Don't admit you did anything bad (clue, assaulting him with a deadly weapon is "bad"). Obviously, if he didn't get a photo of u with your DW then thats a lie he made up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude, FFS, try to get a job at the Museum of Ice Cream or something before you end up in jail.

Also: if you had already got out of the car with a bat *and* shoved the guy, why did you let him stand there and write your license plate number down?
Well because I didn't want to go to jail. I just wanted to scare the shit out of him

This is another reason NOT to drive east bay lol it's not just you people there are a little bit difficult, doesn't matter age , race or gender they are just a little too angry.

Sadly they do own the road , you just have to suffer inside lol everyone hates bikers but you did not have to honk at the guy , you should be sharing the road not terrorizing the poor guy lol he can write down the number plates all he wants , Uber won't care.
Normally I don't, but he was making a point to own the lane and be a dick about it. I was hardly the first to honk at him.

How about a grown man not getting so upset that a CAR wants to pass him on the ROAD that he spits on a car i.e. in my ****ing face basically

He was 60 at least

·
Registered
474 Posts
If he were to call the police you could have been charged for committing criminal act(s). As you know, being an Uber Driver is definitely not worth putting yourself in these types of situations. It’s been a highway to bankrupcy for lots of people and the company keeps getting worse for drivers, which by the way is very hard to believe.

Taking some days off, driving in a different area, or stopping the partnership with Uber for good should be much better alternatives than being charged for criminal act(s)...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no ok so i exaggerated to make things sound more dramatic. i pulled out my bat and brandished it in traffic yes.

then i drove off and pulled over, he stopped behind my car again and tried to write down my shit. i got out and got in his face and shoved him

no ok so i exaggerated to make things sound more dramatic. i pulled out my bat and brandished it in traffic yes.

then i drove off and pulled over, he stopped behind my car again and tried to write down my shit. i got out and got in his face and shoved him
trust me i am trying to start a non profit and get a business off the ground but with a 5 year gap of "entrepreneuring / ubering" on my resume i am hard pressed to keep driving until i don't have to anymore.

truth is nothing else has the flexibility to NOT work when i want. i know we all work at least 60 hours a week anyway but its such a powerful benefit that it keeps me in

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If he were to call the police you could have been charged for committing criminal act(s). As you know, being an Uber Driver is definitely not worth putting yourself in these types of situations. It's been a highway to bankrupcy for lots of people and the company keeps getting worse for drivers, which by the way is very hard to believe.

Taking some days off, driving in a different area, or stopping the partnership with Uber for good should be much better alternatives than being charged for criminal act(s)...
not to mention that is what i have been DOING.

today i had to do 30 X rides in 13 hours to hit my quest

i stopped taking city trips and dont wait at airports anymore. i only take uberx rides and i normally limit myself to 8hours per day. i excercise and eat healthy.

AND SMOKE A BNUCH OF WEED AT NIGHT.

absolutely no one can do this job for 2 years like I have without having these temporary rage fits on the road. some days just get to you super hard.

don't pretend like some biker hasn't ever cut you off and flipped you off at the same time... making you want to just accelerate into him (if even for a split second... and imagine if he actually for real spit on your ****ing car and looked you in the eye while doing it)

·
Registered
474 Posts
not to mention that is what i have been DOING.

today i had to do 30 rides to hit my quest and i got a ticket recently which was pretty expensive i bet for turning out of the SFO lot.

i stopped taking city trips and dont wait at airports anymore. i only take uberx rides and i normally limit myself to 8hours per day. i excercise and eat healthy.

AND SMOKE A BNUCH OF WEED AT NIGHT.

absolutely no one can do this job for 2 years like I have without having these temporary rage fits on the road. some days just get to you super hard.
It is a very hard job that can change people. But taking a short, extended, or permanent leave is not a bad idea when it causes rage... Also be careful not to drive under influence...

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
You need to go on vacation or get laid.... also you work a lot harder not taking pool. 30 rides should be 10 hours max even on a slow slow sunday.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i agree b
You need to go on vacation or get laid.... also you work a lot harder not taking pool. 30 rides should be 10 hours max even on a slow slow sunday.
i totally agree that I work harder to GET THE QUEST. usually i don't care but i got a ticket when they changed the sfo lot and also just moved into a new apartment so need to make sure i have that and rent in a week or so.

nothing we all already don't know. but again this is a venting thread. weed's legal here btw so don't even start dude. everyone drinks a beer at night sometimes, everyone smokes weed at night sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1964 Studebaker Commander
2,556 Posts
I think that we can all agree that the most important thing is: did the pax in the car at the time of the bat incident tip you well?

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
Road rage doesn't just come from other drivers. It comes from Pedestrians/Bicyclists as well especially in places like Berkeley and SF. The most frustrating thing is when pedestrians or bicyclists curse at you, spit on your car, or hit your car. Personally it has happened to me a couple of times but there was no damage done to my vehicle. If there was, I'd get out, take a good picture of the person, or possibly pin them down til cops arrive depending on the damage, and then report it. But honestly if this wasn't America, I'd just run em over or give them a serious beat down.

Hitting someones car intentionally, in any other country is grounds for getting your ass beat and the cops/citizens will be on your side so as long as the ped/cyclist hit your car first.

In America, you will go to jail for giving someone a deserved beating if they're walking away. Remember that.

Also, I agree with the other posters. Some signs of burn out are irritability, aggressive driving, and rage. You gotta take a couple days off from time to time when you start to have those feelings. You'll feel a bit better once you get back on the road.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Road rage doesn't just come from other drivers. It comes from Pedestrians/Bicyclists as well especially in places like Berkeley and SF. The most frustrating thing is when pedestrians or bicyclists curse at you, spit on your car, or hit your car. Personally it has happened to me a couple of times but there was no damage done to my vehicle. If there was, I'd get out, take a good picture of the person, or possibly pin them down til cops arrive depending on the damage, and then report it. But honestly if this wasn't America, I'd just run em over or give them a serious beat down.

Hitting someones car intentionally, in any other country is grounds for getting your ass beat and the cops/citizens will be on your side so as long as the ped/cyclist hit your car first.

In America, you will go to jail for giving someone a deserved beating if they're walking away. Remember that.

Also, I agree with the other posters. Some signs of burn out are irritability, aggressive driving, and rage. You gotta take a couple days off from time to time when you start to have those feelings. You'll feel a bit better once you get back on the road.
Well I guess I'll be taking forever off.

Got deactivated while I was sleeping last night

1 - 20 of 42 Posts