Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends, I need to improve my credit score to something like 800. I have been stuck in the 780s for almost 2 years now, I don't know how to push it further up. Which approach will help me push that score to 800?
Paying off my car loan, which is 0% loan, in two years, or in 5 years?
There's a friend here who has a great score of over 800, the gentleman who bought that Audi :D I would appreciate his suggestion as well.
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Don't apply for anything else. Bring down balances to or near 0...charge things and pay them. Activity improves your credit. Huge portion of your credit is Debt vs. Available Credit. If you get in a bind...have a few cards you can put a little bit on at a time. Don't max 1 out...it will trigger a score drop.

I was in the 740-760 range for a long time, and then out of nowhere it jumped to 840...it takes time.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't apply for anything else. Bring down balances to or near 0...charge things and pay them. Activity improves your credit. Huge portion of your credit is Debt vs. Available Credit. If you get in a bind...have a few cards you can put a little bit on at a time. Don't max 1 out...it will trigger a score drop.

I was in the 740-760 range for a long time, and then out of nowhere it jumped to 840...it takes time.
I just received my 10th credit card, so my credit line is almost $100,000, but I hardly spend $1,500 a month on my credit cards. That is a tiny percentage. And I immediately pay them off. I will not get any other credit card again ever, I have had enough of them. I will make sure that I keep using them and, and keep up with my car payments, no more hard inquiries, let's see where I end up. I think there's another technique involved, I'm waiting to hear from somebody else, the technique of paying off a credit card right before the report goes to the credit bureaus. I read something about that on this forum and I forgot it.
And your score is fantastic bro, I wish I achieve that someday

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
0% is paying cash lol and builds credit

Most of my credit cards offer free credit scores with tools to play around with to estimate credit score increases and decrease

Reactions: Gabam

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drive 3 Lambos and I paid for them with my good charms! Cash baby
I know bro, loan suck, but I didn't know anybody who could guide me. Anyways, I'm learning, I'm glad I learned a lesson before getting myself devastated. This car it will be my last ever, I will drive it till it just falls apart.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I’m a 820 I have lotts of credit and spend about 5k a month on my card but I carry about a 1k balance also I have no car loans and I pay my gas and water and cable bill on time every month.

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
Don't open any more new accounts you have more than enough credit for the rest of your life! as the accounts get older your score goes up, new inquiries hurt your score. new credit cards hurt your score.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts