·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
>pick up pax
>drive to another address to pickup friend of pax
>drive to a Vons near final destination
>wait in car over 10 minutes with New Ride Requests streaming in

I left. Is that what I should have done? I imagined staying would have meant a fat tip but these people were lower class citizens.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Just say no next time. If they want you to wait while they shop tell them that you can't do that and they need to call a new Uber when they are done.
I had a similar situation happen to me earlier. I pix up pax, take them to their location. They ask me when we get to their location. "Can you take us to 711 and then bring us back?" I said "no I can't do that." He asks "why not do you have another ride?" I said "No I just don't want to." He seemed confused and shocked and then exited my car.
Don't perpetuate this entitled pax culture. We aren't errand boys. Just say no. The only time I will stop for a short wait and I'm talking 5-7 mins max is if it's a huge surge ride.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
>pick up pax

I left. Is that what I should have done? I imagined staying would have meant a fat tip but these people were lower class citizens.
You would have gotten NO tip. You are an uber driver not A private car.

·
Premium Member
10,956 Posts
Or go get gas, take a dump, etc...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
>pick up pax

I always tell them that I only wait if it is no more than 2 minutes. The rule is no waiting.

>stop new requests
>go into Vons and help with the groceries along with bagging them
>maybe recommend a few choice healthy meals
>drive'em home and offer to unload and put the milk in the refrigerator
And give them a tip for allowing you to help them.

·
Banned
6,928 Posts
I failed at this today. Mom and daughter said can you drop by Burger King. I normally do it on surge rides but parked on the side instead of drive thru in case they take a while. Waited and got stacked pings. I ended the trip but noticed the girl's sweater so I returned and then dropped them off 2 blocks away. They were confused but they learned their lesson. That little girl will grow up to never make drivers wait.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Santa was high and confused, which might explain his appearance in Vernon in mid-March...

His sled was dusty. There were boogers underneath the back seat.

All he really wanted was to make it to a certain wondrous plaza in Garden Grove...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.