Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been driving for about 2 months - about 600 trips with a 4.87 rating.

I give out candy and mints, have a WI-FI hotspot in my car, and chargers for Android and IPhone.

I'm interested in installing this tipping box called PAX;

Hand Gesture Finger Gadget Recreation

My question is: Can having this in my car get me deactivated ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks. Tim

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've been driving for about 2 months - about 600 trips with a 4.87 rating.

I give out candy and mints, have a WI-FI hotspot in my car, and chargers for Android and IPhone.

I'm interested in installing this tipping box called PAX;

View attachment 103366

My question is: Can having this in my car get me deactivated ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks. Tim
pax probably steal it especially drunk ones

·
Registered
383 Posts
I picked up a family of 4 last night at Walmart. They had 2 small children with 2 car seats, and a bunch of boxes and bags of merchandise. The trip to their home was 1.2 miles. I had zero expectation of getting a tip, but I was very helpful in strapping in the car seats and loading and unloading the trunk. The payout was $3.37. Did they tip.....of course not. C'mon man!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I picked up a family of 4 last night at Walmart. They had 2 small children with 2 car seats, and a bunch of boxes and bags of merchandise. The trip to their home was 1.2 miles. I had zero expectation of getting a tip, but I was very helpful in strapping in the car seats and loading and unloading the trunk. The payout was $3.37. Did they tip.....of course not. C'mon man!
Nothing else you can do except give them 1 star make yourself happy. I wish they have 0 star option.

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
I hate to sound like an ass but at least they had car seats! Too many parents of the year try to get you to take their little snowflakes without and then are pissed about a cancellation fee when all the other drivers will take them.

To answer the OP's question, no it will not get you deactivated, would be interested to hear what effect it has on your ratings and how much you collect.

The real piss of all this tipping discussion is that business travelers would tip if it was in the app and all appeared on one receipt so they can easily expense it, they are not digging in their pockets for cash.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I picked up a woman at an Acme the other day. Her shopping cart was full of grocery bags. I helped her unload her groceries into my trunk. My trunk was completely full of her bags. When I dropped her off about 1 mile later I helped carry her bags to her front door. Was I tipped? Of course not!!. I felt like a schmuck for driving two miles to pick her up. After 2500 rides I should know better. Thats it ! , the next time I see anyone with two many bags I'm canceling. Uber riders are the cheapest people

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
I like the new Uber navigation. It sometimes shows right on the ping that it's a Walmart or grocery store. Makes it easy to ignore completely rather than waste time driving to Walmart and either canceling there or wasting your time taking the trip.
It's purely profit enhancing, not discrimination. If we get $8 minimum for a Walmart trip I'd want 2 of those an hour. The service of loading and unloading groceries is not worth $3.37.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I like the new Uber navigation. It sometimes shows right on the ping that it's a Walmart or grocery store. Makes it easy to ignore completely rather than waste time driving to Walmart and either canceling there or wasting your time taking the trip.
It's purely profit enhancing, not discrimination. If we get $8 minimum for a Walmart trip I'd want 2 of those an hour. The service of loading and unloading groceries is not worth $3.37.
By now pax understand tipping is ok. I am tired of the excuses! So leave the grocery store bullshit to other drivers. Someone will pick them up and waste 20 minutes for $3.37.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have 3 walmarts within about 5 miles of me. 2 of them I'll go to because 90% of the time it's people going home from work, the one of them is really good for having rides into the city. There is 1 though in Horsham that I avoid now, I got full shopping carts everytime I went there in the past.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I avoid Wal-Marts and grocery stores...I have learned. These are typically short fares. Got to deal with bags and that takes time to load and unload and you don't get paid for that. If I see a pickup is at one of these locations I do a drive by and a cancel and move on.

·
Premium Member
5,541 Posts
One Star
Walmart = No Fly Zone. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've actually received many tips, by Uber standards anyhow.

The largest was a 30 dollar top from a man who faced complete knee replacement surgery. I've had the same and offered encouragement and advice. A blind man who I led into an Airport terminal gave me a 20 (yes, he knew it was a 20 and said so, no jokes please).

Many people who I help unload stuff give me a dollar or two...sometimes more, sometimes nothing.

They have tested the PAX box and it averages about 70 dollars over 40 to 50 hours. That's $3640 a year assuming you work every week.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't pickup at grocery stores, ever. Had a guy yesterday thought he was clever, he was shopping at whole foods but requested his ride over by the Hamilton st wawa. I saw his bags while he looked for me to come down 21st. Fastest cancel ever

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Going back to the original point of the thread - one of the comments on the linked page said it best. That would be way too easy to use to scam and if I was a passenger I wouldn't trust it. (I'm saying that not as a driver. As a driver I know what's going on but if I never drove for Uber and saw that I would be skeptical)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Keep away from Walmart, Target

1 - 20 of 34 Posts