Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I get a call I show up to the address
I wait 8 minutes customer does not show up I cancel drive away and he texts me that I'm a piece of s*** Uber on

·
Registered
311 Posts
^this

Reactions: Jose_A

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts
My reply, Fine then go complain to Uber y your late. Or would u rather get 1 * ed?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
thats not the question I asked
For the most part I have quit shooting texts that I have arrived since the app update. I start my 5 minute timer when I have parked, which means it is a bit over 5 minutes from the time UBER sent the arrival notice. I have gotten paid the cancellations without reaching out to the PAX.

·
Registered
311 Posts
thats not the question I asked
not incumbant upon him to do so.
passengers need to make a ****ing effort on their part.

·
Registered
243 Posts
For the most part I have quit shooting texts that I have arrived since the app update. I start my 5 minute timer when I have parked, which means it is a bit over 5 minutes from the time UBER sent the arrival notice. I have gotten paid the cancellations without reaching out to the PAX.
I feel you but your losing out on money over your ego. If you took the extra sec to shoot a text or call you could of doubled that 5 dollars.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I feel you but your losing out on money over your ego. If you took the extra sec to shoot a text or call you could of doubled that 5 dollars.
Perhaps, not always a guarantee of more than the cancel. I don't cancel out of ego, It is a business decision. I have picked up great rides immediately after I have canceled that I would not have gotten if I was waiting past the 5 minutes. If I am in the burbs I will wait a bit longer. If it is in a crowded area or an area that most of the times generates short rides. Cancel. 4 dollars in 5 minutes with no mileage is hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
No guarantee of that at all... how many $2.40 rides appear on YOUR statement? mine is FULL of them, we call them EBT rides in honor of Kalifornia's welfare debit card they bless so many with.

Further, Uber's training says NOT to text/call the pax unless absolutely necessary....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Exactly! Just time 5 minutes, do a rider no-show, and Uber on! I get about 2 to 3 a week of these and it's an easy $5. Why send them a text, do the trip, and risk having them be all pissed off and 1-starring you? They know they requested the ride and they need to be where they dropped the pin when you arrive. It's not your problem if they're not.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
so I get a call I show up to the address
I wait 8 minutes customer does not show up I cancel drive away and he texts me that I'm a piece of s*** Uber on
Yep happened to me too. I waited almost eight minutes too before cancelling. Dude cusses me out and says I have the address, come back and "discuss" any time. So he's going to beat me up over a $5 fee that I was entitled to? WTF!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts