Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

PAX stopped another PAX from giving me a tip

Tips 
2K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Ravi24 
#1 ·
I don't bother to rate on tipping generally, but I did wish that an Uber ride I recently did had been on Lyft so I could have gone back and given 1 star. Picked these people up downtown and dropped them off at a strip club also in downtown, minimum fare. Guy who ordered the ride gets out, and of course says he'll take care of me in the app. Whatever, I've heard that lie enough times now that I just thank people that say it and get on with life. But one of the other people in the car getting out starts to open their wallet, and the guy who ordered the ride runs up to them and insistently stops them from trying to tip me cash. PAXholes will never stop finding ways to amaze me.

Originally posted in the Portland, OR subforum, but this astounded me enough that I thought I'd share.

#4 ·
I don't bother to rate on tipping generally, but I did wish that an Uber ride I recently did had been on Lyft so I could have gone back and given 1 star. Picked these people up downtown and dropped them off at a strip club also in downtown, minimum fare. Guy who ordered the ride gets out, and of course says he'll take care of me in the app. Whatever, I've heard that lie enough times now that I just thank people that say it and get on with life. But one of the other people in the car getting out starts to open their wallet, and the guy who ordered the ride runs up to them and insistently stops them from trying to tip me cash. PAXholes will never stop finding ways to amaze me.

Originally posted in the Portland, OR subforum, but this astounded me enough that I thought I'd share.
That is what 1-star ratings are for. :smiles:

#8 ·
Saying that you will tip in the app, then not following through on it, will get a one star from me on the lyft app. I give you a few hours to decide. I'm thinking on the Uber app, since they have designed it that way, one star for any rider that doesn't tip me in the app or not. In my recent experience, Uber apparently has deemed that retribution reviews are acceptable and cannot be changed. Okay by me, I can play by those rules too.

#10 ·
Been there...done that...

Got the T-shirt...messed it up...

Two guys...rich guy...his sidekick...

Rich guy pulls out twenty for tip...

His sidekick grabs it and gives it back...

No need he says... doesn't require a tip....

Real hard not to monkey his a$$...8>O

Rakos
Primate Gesture Terrestrial animal Snout Tail

#14 ·
Yeah, is that some kinda inside pax joke? In my experience, someone who says "I'll tip you in the app," or "I'll take good care of you in the app" is a guaranteed non-tipper. Or someone trying to trick me into giving them 5 stars when they plan on giving a low rating for something lol. Either way, my bullshit radar goes off and I give them 3 or 4 stars. It's not for not tipping-- I don't punish ppl for not tipping. It's for being a lying snake for no reason.

#16 ·
It's not for not tipping-- I don't punish ppl for not tipping. It's for being a lying snake for no reason.
This, so much. I have the same conversation with others in the service industry (bartenders, waiters, and any other job with tips), how we all know anyone who talks about the great tip they're going to leave you is full of it. Not tipping is one thing, but telling obvious lies is just pouring on unnecessary BS that just makes the whole thing stink even more.

#20 ·
I delivered pizzas when I was a teen. Girl answered the door, gave me a check for the amount and called her boyfriend over. Asked him if he had a 5. He pulled one out, she said great give that to him, turned around and walked off. He looked at me, smiled, put it back in his pocket and shut the door.

That was my introduction.

#21 ·
Exactly why I am not rating anyone until they are out of the car and I’m ready to go. I would have still been able to 1* his ass.

Also like some of you had a friend of a pax tell him to put his money away as he was getting ready to hand me cash. I told the friend exactly what he was in explicit detail. Of course I got 1* and a complaint for professionalism but who cares? Felt good to cuss him out!

#22 ·
I delivered pizzas when I was a teen. Girl answered the door, gave me a check for the amount and called her boyfriend over. Asked him if he had a 5. He pulled one out, she said great give that to him, turned around and walked off. He looked at me, smiled, put it back in his pocket and shut the door.

That was my introduction.
Ha
You should have knocked on the door again and told her what he did. Would have kept him from getting laid that night. You could have un-screwed him.

#23 ·

Thats what "manufactured" cleaning fees are for!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.