Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,261 Posts
Do they think you wont notice and they'll get the rest of the ride for free?
And.. if they cancel, can you still rate or report them?
Yes. Ants usung google maps are likely to not notice the cancel in the background.

If they cancel the record still shows in the Trip history. No point in reporting them uber won't care. Just boot em and move on.

·
Premium Member
Cheapest SUV I can find for the Black Market
7,996 Posts
I had it happen one time. I didn't kick them out of my car, but I demanding cash for the rest of the trip. Probably not the best idea, but I didn't know any better at the time

·
Premium Member
24,496 Posts
Had it happen twice.

1. Drunk ass tried changing destination and accidentally cancelled. He tried rerequesting me but it wouldn't pick me, despite him being in my backseat. He PayPaled me what Uber would've charged me.

2. On a 5.2X Surge they cancelled by accident. They were going over the trip history, didn't recognize the charge for the trip they were on and hit something that cancelled the trip. I pulled over and explained they just cancelled th he trip we were on. They looked into my dashcam and said to go ahead. Took them the rest of the way then called Rohit's cousin Rowena. They said to charge what the trip should've been.

After we hung up they weren't impressed with Uber Support

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
only happened to me once on Lyft. Micro shit ride some scumbag in fountain valley. Took him to gas station and back and as soon as he got out he cancelled it. Got my fee after writing to support though.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Picked up a tourist from a hotel in DTLA. We didn't move 10 feet before the ride was cancelled. Before I even had a chance to say anything she goes "Oh dear....what did I just do?" I explain that she cancelled the ride and she apologized then said she's new to rideshare, yada yada yada. She logically assumed that since I was the closest driver to her that I should get her request. But I already knew what would happen and sure enough another driver got the ping. She apologized again before getting out. No problem. Just glad it happened before I even drove onto the street.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had a Balboa Island lowlife cancel on me within my first 50 rides in this gig. Kicked him to the curb. These people do it habitually to hop around for free.
Wow, someone in a 3 million dollar home canceling on an UberSelect to try to get a free ride. Must of been one of those guys several million in debt, used all the equity in their home and on the verge of bankruptcy with only their house, a luxury car and maybe a boat as all they have left.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Never had that happening...
I have a hard time rather having them get off my car upon arriving to their destinations...
They love their uber driver :x
Oh yeah, Especially when you pick them up in a 3.0 surge. THen they cancel down the street. THen call another uber. I love it when it gives it right back to me with a lower or no surge. Uber says that's just fine.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.