Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with riders paying gratuity? My rider said she just started using Uber 2weeks ago and is certain she pays 10% gratuity.

First I'm hearing of this and wondering where the money is going.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
OMG. This will just NEVER die until Uber corrects their propaganda.

No....if you are an UberX driver...which most of us in here are.....YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANY GRATUITY aka TIPS via the app!!!

What she is so stupidly referring to is UberTAXI. When riders sign up with a new account, they are asked what percentage they would like to have added to their fare
as Gratuity ON UBER-TAXI!!

If she'd like to TIP her UBER-X DRIVER....it has to be CASH or Credit Card (Via Square Reader).

Sometimes the riders even know this already....but since there are so many new drivers...and even the drivers are confused about it....she (they) get away with being cheapskates since even the drivers do not take a stand for themselves.

So the answer is: NO GRATUITY IS ADDED TO UberX rides! Next time someone tells you this...have them tell you EXACTLY how much of their fare is the tip. They won't be able to. :confused:

·
Registered
857 Posts
The recent BS line is "there is no need to tip" to that I say bulldroppings.. with the low rates there is even more of a need to tip.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Uber also has these idiots beliveing that the tip is included with the fare.
Not only this, but I've had multiple riders tell me they thought Uber paid for gas, along with tips being included.

So, after a $8 fare, they think that somehow there is a gas charge and a tip in that? People are stupid, or intentionally ignorant.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anyone familiar with riders paying gratuity? My rider said she just started using Uber 2weeks ago and is certain she pays 10% gratuity.

First I'm hearing of this and wondering where the money is going.
You can set up tip but it is for uber taxi only! when they set up account

1 - 7 of 7 Posts