Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a week ago, I pick up a pax and (I mean this with no offense) she was a very obese woman. I had to roll the front seat all the way up and she still couldn't really fit comfortably in the back (and I drive a full size sedan). We get to her destination and during her struggle to get out the car somehow she manage to tear the carpet right out from under the rear seat. There is a tear is over 6 inches long and the bare metal underneath the carpet is exposed. I immediately report it. And after a week of going back and forth with Lyft, they give me $50!!!! I called the dealership and a new carpet plus labor is over $1600!!!! How can I cover this damage to my car??? Shouldn't the passenger by liable for this???? I included pictures of the damage.
Automotive tire Vehicle Grey Car seat cover Rim Car Automotive design Vehicle Fixture Personal luxury car Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
115 Posts
did you notice or see the damage as it was being done or well after the ride? Great another thing to look out for now.. I would have stopped the big ***** and make her take responsibility for it. Wow, just WOW!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you notice or see the damage as it was being done or well after the ride? Great another thing to look out for now.. I would have stopped the big ***** and make her take responsibility for it. Wow, just WOW!
I witnessed it happen and I told her that I was going to report so she doesn't try to deny it. I depend on the money I earn from Lyft but if I don't get compensated properly I'm done with this B.S. rideshare business.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
If she could barely fit with your front seat pushed all the way up...... I would have denied entry. Nothing personal, but as you see, nothing but damage will occur with her in the car. Probably did a wheelie all the way to her destination? She knows she needs to call UberXL or the Lyft equivalent

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If she could barely fit with your front seat pushed all the way up...... I would have denied entry. Nothing personal, but as you see, nothing but damage will occur with her in the car. Probably did a wheelie all the way to her destination? She knows she needs to call UberXL or the Lyft equivalent
I didn't want to but I was sympathetic since I'm a heavy guy myself, but in all seriousness yes..... the rear of my car bottomed out over a few bumps and I regretted it the whole ride. This stuff really beats up your car and I've really had enough of it

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Lyft may send it to insurance where you would be screwed with the $2500 deductible.

Not that it matters much but the dealer is probably the most expensive place to do the work. Take it to a body shop or a shop that works on interiors of cars see what they say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$2500 deductible is a joke. And I called the dealer because I didn't know where else you would get a replacement carpet. But even if I found a place I KNOW $50 isn't going to cover it

"I can understand your frustration; however, as explained in the previous email, in determining the charge fee to the passenger, the type of damage, amount of surface area that is affected, the type of material damaged, and whether or not repairing/cleaning the damaged area will be extensive are our base on how it is computed. Also, the damage fee amount takes into account the type as well as the severity of the damage to a driver’s vehicle."
This is what the keep emailing me. So all those factors that they based the fee on would clearly produce a higher number that $50

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
thats ****ed up...
i drive a 2016 sport corolla that i bought
brand new have only 30k miles, if a hipo did it on my car i dont know what would be my reaction...
Sorry to hear that :/

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Nissan are shit boxes. That doesn't happen in other cars.
Seriously, look at the area, how does it get torn up like that? Either intentionally by viciously ripping at it or shit carpets & design.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Might take the fight with @asklyft on twitter. That can't be included in your insurance . It's the negligence of their passenger and lyft should pay for it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts