Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a fare yesterday that I drove to a medical Marijuana clinic and asked me to wait because she wanted to continue on. I waited 25 minutes and naturally I didn't get a tip. Does Uber expect us to wait for a Pax or is it OK to tell them to call for another Uber car. I'm thinking, what's the point of going the extra mile for a Pax when it's not appreciated. Why would I want to sit and wait at $8 an hour when I can make more money being online?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I had a fare yesterday that I drove to a medical Marijuana clinic and asked me to wait because she wanted to continue on. I waited 25 minutes and naturally I didn't get a tip. Does Uber expect us to wait for a Pax or is it OK to tell them to call for another Uber car. I'm thinking, what's the point of going the extra mile for a Pax when it's not appreciated. Why would I want to sit and wait at $8 an hour when I can make more money being online?
I very seldom wait...they usually say they will be a couple of minutes and take much longer. I tell them would be best if they cancel and reorder when they are ready and then they do not have to hurry! Guess what...I always get a VERY BAD rating doing this. So, if you want a better rating then stay...No, Uber does not expect you to wait but will give you the good customer service story!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I tell them that I do not wait and we have plenty of drivers out so just request another . you might take a rating hit , if the Pax is a dick but this is your time and money its never worth it.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Got pickup request today at Sorrento Valley Transit Center...arrived in less than 5 min and called to let him know I was on Bus side so he could find me...he tells me he is still on the train and will arrive soon...10 minutes later train arrives (I did go in coffee shop to P)...goes exactly 2 miles to work at Genetics Lab..no tip, I told him you know you made me wait over 10 minutes which is not good! His comment...good for me, I do it all the time! I gave him a 1 rating so hope you never have to pick him up...he gave me a low rating too. Genetics engineer and he can't understand the concept of paying for a service and being fair to a driver!!! What the hell????

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would read your Uber policy/Agreement on drugs, weapons, and alcohol first off. Secondly, this is the nature of the beast. It does suck that they don't tip. Where I am at it is like .18 a minute which just is not worth it. How you handle it with the PAX too is entirely up to you. I'm not so nice. You pull up in front of a collective, I'm dropping your butt off and am gone. If you have me stop at a liquor store, guess what, I'm popping the trunk and the booze goes in there until the end of the trip, if PAX don't like it, call another Uber. Oh, and your seatbelt, UM...you don't wear it, get out! I have been challenged by people here in California and have to remind them I'm a car, I have to follow the CA driving laws and usually end it with a joke...like what if I'm a terrible driver...wouldn't you want to wear it? If that doesn't work, "Look, I'm not getting a ticket for you, it may be best that you call another driver...and cancel the ride so you don't give them a chance to give you a bad rating." I would have given her a 1 star for having you wait that long and not tipping, and for taking you to a collective. But that's just me.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I tell them that I do not wait and we have plenty of drivers out so just request another . you might take a rating hit , if the Pax is a dick but this is your time and money its never worth it.
+1
The whole concept is that you always have a ride within minutes. Personal driver....not chauffeur.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
+1
The whole concept is that you always have a ride within minutes. Personal driver....not chauffeur.
too bad the customers do not know that...these are the same people who think there is a tip built in to their fare and don't know we rate them. Most are clueless about what Uber is and does and how we are affected by their BS

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got pickup request today at Sorrento Valley Transit Center...arrived in less than 5 min and called to let him know I was on Bus side so he could find me...he tells me he is still on the train and will arrive soon...10 minutes later train arrives (I did go in coffee shop to P)...goes exactly 2 miles to work at Genetics Lab..no tip, I told him you know you made me wait over 10 minutes which is not good! His comment...good for me, I do it all the time! I gave him a 1 rating so hope you never have to pick him up...he gave me a low rating too. Genetics engineer and he can't understand the concept of paying for a service and being fair to a driver!!! What the hell????
I would wait 5 minutes and cancel so u get the fee...this is all we are required to do...correct?

·
Registered
66 Posts
i would have let him there, told him 5 minutes up, enjoy the walk *******. Then warn off the next uber driver that showed

·
Registered
580 Posts
I would read your Uber policy/Agreement on drugs, weapons, and alcohol first off. Secondly, this is the nature of the beast. It does suck that they don't tip. Where I am at it is like .18 a minute which just is not worth it. How you handle it with the PAX too is entirely up to you. I'm not so nice. You pull up in front of a collective, I'm dropping your butt off and am gone. If you have me stop at a liquor store, guess what, I'm popping the trunk and the booze goes in there until the end of the trip, if PAX don't like it, call another Uber. Oh, and your seatbelt, UM...you don't wear it, get out! I have been challenged by people here in California and have to remind them I'm a car, I have to follow the CA driving laws and usually end it with a joke...like what if I'm a terrible driver...wouldn't you want to wear it? If that doesn't work, "Look, I'm not getting a ticket for you, it may be best that you call another driver...and cancel the ride so you don't give them a chance to give you a bad rating." I would have given her a 1 star for having you wait that long and not tipping, and for taking you to a collective. But that's just me.
In California if your passenger is over 18 they get the ticket not you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts