Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night two passengers requested a business card or asked how they could select a particular Uber that’s nearby.

Anybody experienced this before, is there a way to allow previous customers to find/pre-book/contact an old driver again?

I thought about a business card, but it’s unlikely I’d be near their pickup next time they requested a ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Business cards perse are not allowed. The best you could do if they called you direct is to be in the area to accept the ping. You are only allowed to give out your referral code. Do not work outside the app as you will not be covered by insurance

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Business cards perse are not allowed. The best you could do if they called you direct is to be in the area to accept the ping. You are only allowed to give out your referral code. Do not work outside the app as you will not be covered by insurance
And here is the the effective "restriction of trade" UBER feels it has a right to enforce.

Uber doesn't provide "nominated driver services" and NEVER will for the majority of drivers (hmm, when there IS a VIP in town, they WILL ring a group of vetted drivers with the specific vehicle they need).

So if you promote THAT service, you DO NOT encroach on Uber's turf. Just have the rider understand that they pay you to RUN to pick them up, just like a HC service.

Insurance! BAHH! Just go to any good transport business broker, explain where you need "off-app" cover and why and they will put together a coverage plan.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Last night two passengers requested a business card or asked how they could select a particular Uber that's nearby.

Anybody experienced this before, is there a way to allow previous customers to find/pre-book/contact an old driver again?

I thought about a business card, but it's unlikely I'd be near their pickup next time they requested a ride.
It's a common occurrence with my riders. I have a nice car with seat warmers, leather seats, two sunroofs and I like to think I'm an efficient driver who is courteous, polite and have good conversation skills.

In other jobs as a 'sole trader' or 'contractor' we can attempt to increase our success through providing a better service than others in the same industry offering a similar product. Uber should be no different. Riders should be able to book with a particular driver if they wish. A booking service would ensure greater job security for drivers, and riders would benefit as they have that rapport, and know they can place trust in the overall experience. Drivers would strive to be better, they would invest in better cars and have more chance of getting loans etc. In this sense it would be a true self-employed role. It certainly seems more like uber has a bet each-way. When it suits uber we are more employees I think.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Last night two passengers requested a business card or asked how they could select a particular Uber that's nearby.

I thought about a business card, but it's unlikely I'd be near their pickup next time they requested a ride.
I've got my regulars who get me from nearby (my suburb or the next suburb) to pickup usually for the 6 am, or near, flights. I arrive and they then request me on Ola now usually (I have trained them). I remind them to have cash in case they can't get me as a driver pretty well straight away, but on Ola it is usually fine .... A card might be a good idea though ....

·
Premium Member
7,480 Posts
Yes you can isurrance is not restricted to the app .. Youre sole trader your insurance will cover you... Uts your insurance not ubers .. The insurance you are required to have when you work in transport business... Got nothing to do with uber ....

That won't change the facts... So if you transport clients out side the uber ola etc... Youre saying that isurrance won't cover? Lol
You are doing the same business ... Advertising through gumtree and doing airport runs is no different than have a job through uber app

1 more point: who pays the isurrance Uber or yourself ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.