Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 10 pickups today. 3 PAX had ratings of 4.8 and above but the other 7 pax's had ratings between 4.4 and 4.67. I did hesitate to accept the lower rating pax's and after the trips i wish i did. I ended up dishing out 3's and 4's and the 4's i was being really nice. They had really bad attitudes!! So i decided today to set the bar to 4.75, anything lower i will decline without hesitation.
I thought uber banned pax's with ratings of 4.4's.
Curious to know if you drivers picked up low rated pax's against your better judgement and regretted it !!

·
Banned
765 Posts
It's a crap shoot with rider ratings since drivers down rate pax for almost anything. It seems to be a power trip for some drivers.
Could not agree more with this.
I user uber and lyft as a passenger on occasion and I could not care less about
how some of these people rate me...
Some of these people have no business being behind the wheel.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
My issue is with Uber. One of the few times I did ignore a request on a 4.3 pax, I was given them as a 'rematch to closer request' after accepting my next ping. Showing me that Uber thinks ignoring a ping based on a meaningless rating isn't approved practices.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My issue is with Uber. One of the few times I did ignore a request on a 4.3 pax, I was given them as a 'rematch to closer request' after accepting my next ping. Showing me that Uber thinks ignoring a ping based on a meaningless rating isn't approved practices.
Had that happen before and cancelled the second rider. When Uber complained, I complained back. Hasn't happened again.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I picked up a PAX this weekend. She had a 4.4 and was going about 4 miles on uber X. She complained the entire way because I chose a 4mile/12min route vs a 3.8mile/20min route. She swore on her life the 20min route was much faster and shorter even though Maps and Waze BOTH said otherwise. My rating dropped by 0.01 5 minutes after drop off.
Also: every 30 seconds she would say something about "we should've taken the other route."

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
I picked up a PAX this weekend. She had a 4.4 and was going about 4 miles on uber X. She complained the entire way because I chose a 4mile/12min route vs a 3.8mile/20min route. She swore on her life the 20min route was much faster and shorter even though Maps and Waze BOTH said otherwise. My rating dropped by 0.01 5 minutes after drop off.
Also: every 30 seconds she would say something about "we should've taken the other route."
Rule #1: ask the pax if they have a preferred way in which they would like to go or is using navigation okay.

Had that happen before and cancelled the second rider. When Uber complained, I complained back. Hasn't happened again.
Do you mean the rematch pax or the second pax on a pool? Either way, I don't see how a simple cancellation drew the attention of Uber.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm curious to know what the bad attitudes were like? I've only down rated s few pax ever. Just because someone is in a bad mood, doesn't mean they deserve a bad rating. If they are abusive in some way, then yes. But I've heard people down rate non tippers, and that's just stupid.
I've down rated for throwing up, slamming my door after being asked not to, trying to get more than 6 in my truck after warning that I can only take 6, and not following the simple rules of my space. I'm finding that the longer I drive the less tolerant of certain pax's behavior.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Do you mean the rematch pax or the second pax on a pool? Either way, I don't see how a simple cancellation drew the attention of Uber.
Neither. I've had both companies do the "matched to a closer rider" trick on me on a normal UberX/Lyft, I checked the ratings on the new pax, cancelled, and emailed support about it.
I don't accept any more aholes than I have too.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Neither. I've had both companies do the "matched to a closer rider" trick on me on a normal UberX/Lyft, I checked the ratings on the new pax, cancelled, and emailed support about it.
I don't accept any more aholes than I have too.
Well that is a totally different story than what you posted earlier.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't ask if they prefer a different way, we're going by my 10 inch GPS that everyone can see and hear. If they tell me to go a certain way I show them its 4+ minutes longer. I'm trying to get them out my car as fast as I can to make more money. And as for pool rides if I take it he'll no I'm not taking you to the store up the street

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have taken enough PAX below 4.6 to know that is my cut off rating. Most riders with a rating of under 4.6 are usually that way for a reason! They are telling you that they are NOT very popular with the Uber drivers. AND you run the risk of them lowering your rating cause they are just bad and may piss you off. Only 4.6 or higher for me UNLESS the surge/boost is 1.5 or higher, then I can keep my mouth shut cause I'm getting paid more to deal with the attitude.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.