Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what's your limit before rejecting a PAX due to their low ratings.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
4.5 or lower, unless I have to meet some sort of quota/guarantee. In that case, nothing lower than 4 under any circumstances.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
4.5 or lower, unless I have to meet some sort of quota/guarantee. In that case, nothing lower than 4 under any circumstances.
Are there riders out there with below 4.0? That's scary.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
If it is busy? Must be 4.7 or above. If daytime and I get a 4.5? I probably take it as they are either brand new or was an ass during drunk hours.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I picked up a one star in downtown Minneapolis. Turned your to be a group of young people for a very short ride. They were obviously high and constantly talking about selling weed. I was glad it was a short ride and gave them one star.

·
Registered
384 Posts
4.0 is my threshold. I picked up a 4.0 rated pax once. It was 2 16 y/o guys (I'm guessing) from the projects who reeked of pot and were talking about dealing. When one asked how much he has on him, he said 3 g's. I pulled over, ended the ride, and reported their a$$es. I threatened to call the cops if they didn't get out that instant. That was 1 out of my 2 1* rated pax.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I picked up a one star in downtown Minneapolis. Turned your to be a group of young people for a very short ride. They were obviously high and constantly talking about selling weed. I was glad it was a short ride and gave them one star.
Do you give all your short rides 1's? You might want to be careful of that. Some have said UBER looks unkindly at those who give out an inordinate amount of 1's. Now if you gave it to them because they were young and talking about selling weed or they were stoned, well that was none of your ****ing business and should not warrant a 1 unles they kept you waiting more than 10 minutes or were super obnoxious. Neither of whcih you made note of. That is why PAX rating is as faulty as Driver's rating. Drivers like riders are able to take out their issues on the riders.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry, but if there is potential of someone engaging in illegal activity and brings it into my vehicle it is definitely my business. I will give them a one star rating so other drivers are aware of the risk.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Usually 4.8 unless it's slow...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Sorry, but if there is potential of someone engaging in illegal activity and brings it into my vehicle it is definitely my business. I will give them a one star rating so other drivers are aware of the risk.
How does that alert drivers to the risk? Whatever risk you were so petrified about. And what in reality is the risk you face? Please show me the myriad of cases where UBER drivers were held accountable for somebody who talked about something. Or even had something. Did you see the pot? If you are so worried about folks bringing something illegal into your car, you should move to a new state or get a new job. Personally if I was you I would do both.

I can't wait to read your post when the gay dudes in the back seat start kissing.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
So what does gay dudes kissing have to do with what I posted? Are you implying that gay kissing is illegal?!
Stop trolling.
It has to do with your post that has been posted by a hundred other fraidy cat newbie drivers who can't believe PAX behavor. They then yield their ratings power like the shitty riders do. Save the 1 star for somebody puking in your car perhaps? Then many new drivers, follow up with their gay horror stories. Again, giving somebody a 1 star for what you described does not do any favors to other drivers. Tell me what that warns other dirvers of? Please show me the other cases of UBER drivers being arrested because their PAX talked about pot,or even had some.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There doesn't need to be an example of something bad happening to a driver for there to be a risk. I know people that have beet ticketed for having a license plate missing a bolt. It is better to avoid it than to explain the situation to an officer in the first place. There is nothing fraidy about being smart. You can take you bully language somewhere else. If you want to put yourself in those situations, you are free to do so. I do not make enough money driving to risk getting a ticket or having to pay to get my car out of impound. There was also no wielding of power on my part, just explaining my situation where someone had the potential of doing something illegal in my vehicle. You should be careful about going off on someone when you don't know them. I did not appreciate you implication that I'm homophobic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts