Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been at this for a couple months and starting to get the hang of it. However a few times a night I find that the PAX is down the street, across the street or around the corner from where the APP says they should be. This can be frustrating for all parties. Is this common? Is there anything I can do to improve the situation?

Side note; for me with a full time day job looking for a flexible part time job to kill boredom and make a little extra $ Uber is working out really well for me and my family!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Misplaced Pin Drops happen all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
The funny thing about this is I will send a message to the pax when the pin drop is on a busy street asking what building they are in front of. I recently got a text from Uber saying that I'm contacting the passengers too frequently. But my method works perfectly because I get to them quicker and we are both happier. Uber is clueless sometimes

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The only thing you can really do is

A) immediately follow up on suspicious pings with a text or call (Ping not in a building, etc etc)

B) Watch the 5-minute cancelation clock like a hawk, use the "wrong address shown" if you're getting close to 5 minutes or if their distance is too far. (I'm not willing to drive another mile at the 4 minute mark, for instance)

C) Cancel on anyone who makes it seem like it was your fault, tell them to f off and learn how to use the app. I like to say "user error" if they warm heartedly give me shit, it drills the point home that you should double check your ping.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Call or Text every rider... especially on the weekends after 11:00 PM or if you are driving 7 or 8 minutes out of the way. People don't understand that they have to push the little location triangle on the lower right corner to set their pickup location or they have to manually enter the address before they request the pickup. PAX are stupid... and when you don't show up in front of them immediately because they sent you around the block, they get pissed at you because you are late. There are two schools of thought here... Call the pax if you think it might be a good ride, find out where they are...IF they are in fact right around the corner pick em up OR once you get to the pin confirm you've arrived and sit for 5 minutes.. automatic cancellation fee because they are a no show. Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts