Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a PAX leave a huge mess in my car. I already rated the PAX and then noticed the mess.

I requested the PAX rating to be changed because of the mess. Minutes later I received a 1 star rating.

Was the PAX informed that I changed their rating, possibly that I was reporting a mess? I haven't finished filling out the mess complaint because I don't have a cleaning receipt.

·
Premium Member
8,933 Posts
How do you know it's a 1 star rating? My experience has been that you never really know for sure who or what rating you got from individual trips. Even so, you are going to get a 1 star once in a while, just part of the wonderful gig.

·
25,034 Posts
More proof that Uber needs to put out adverts with the signature line:

Uber: Everyone's private driver, NOT everyone's private trash can.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you know it's a 1 star rating? My experience has been that you never really know for sure who or what rating you got from individual trips. Even so, you are going to get a 1 star once in a while, just part of the wonderful gig.
I'm 2 weeks into driving my rating dropped from 5 to 4.81.

I have 21 reviews 20 5*s 4.81 multiplied by 21 equaled 101.01. That's how I figured out I got a 1 star review.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of mess required a cleaning reimbursement?
There was sand and debris all over the backseat of my car. Including in crevices. The good news is as of right now Uber has charged the PAX a cleaning fee. The bad news is Uber told me the PAX has yet to leave feedback, which means I somehow upset another PAX and when this PAX sees he was charged a cleaning fee, I'll most likely get another 1 star review.

·
Premium Member
7,033 Posts
There was sand and debris all over the backseat of my car. Including in crevices. The good news is as of right now Uber has charged the PAX a cleaning fee. The bad news is Uber told me the PAX has yet to leave feedback, which means I somehow upset another PAX and when this PAX sees he was charged a cleaning fee, I'll most likely get another 1 star review.
How much was the reimbursement? Did you have the interior professionally cleaned?

·
Premium Member
23,283 Posts
Yes passengers will strike back at driver with 1 star ratings, for passengers own bad choices. Including, but not limited to:
  • They are running late (you got there in the time the app said you would) but still, it's your fault they are late.
  • They elected to accept the 1.2x or higher surge (but they are too lazy to write Uber and complain, so they just 1 star driver)
  • You did not pull up in a BMW or Mercedes like they got a couple rides before because Select drivers were slow and stepped down to X or they were chasing the surge
  • You used WAZE instead of Apple Maps; or you used Apple Maps instead of Google Maps; or you used navigation instead of just magically knowing where everything in Southern California is
  • You did not have the right water. You did not have water. You have water, but annoyed them by offering such.
  • Your phone charger doesn't charge their phone fast enough when they get in the car with 2% charge on their phone after being home chillin' all day.
  • On an on....
The good news is that once you get a few hundred 5 star ratings the 1 stars do not effect your rating as much. Annoying yes, but not much impact.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
23,283 Posts
I did have the car professionally cleaned and I was reimbursed $20. I had to submit pics of the mess and the cleaning receipt.
It isn't worth $20. Piss off a passenger enough with reporting them and they could generate lies about you. Driver was drunk. Driver came on to me. Driver was mean. I just absorb the cost of any small issues like this and move on....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
It isn't worth $20. Piss off a passenger enough with reporting them and they could generate lies about you. Driver was drunk. Driver came on to me. Driver was mean. I just absorb the cost of any small issues like this and move on....
I may face retribution, but hopefully I'll be saving the next driver after this PAX goes to the beach and realizes if he doesn't get rid of the sand it will cost him another $20.

·
Premium Member
8,933 Posts
I'm 2 weeks into driving my rating dropped from 5 to 4.81.

I have 21 reviews 20 5*s 4.81 multiplied by 21 equaled 101.01. That's how I figured out I got a 1 star review.
I'd say you did your math well. As you get more trips under your belt it will get harder and harder to tell but it will matter less and less. I've earned a few 1's and 2's and gotten many more undeserved. Get 4's regularly by people who think a 4 is great and a 5 is for best trip ever. Even get random 2's or 3's from people punching something to get rid of the screen so they can order another Uber. As long as I stay over 4.75 (our regions requirement for driving select) I really don't get to wrapped up in it anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts