Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get a 2.1x at bar close in AP going to Rumson.. 2 guys 2 girls, 1 girl up front, rest in the back. We head out, and the guy who requested the ride asks if we can stop at 7/11 on the way. I say yes and hint that a gratuity for stopping would be appreciated. Didnt really get a response and he and front pax girl go in, get waters and some reeses cups. Back driving tbrough Oceanport and i take a left turn a little wide. Not 30 seconds later, red and blues in my mirror. I pull over, tell everyone to be quiet. Cop comes over asks for paperwork, i tell him where it is before getting it, and my interior lights were already on. He says ok, and I ask "is it because of the wide left i made?" He says yes that but moreso the fact that someone threw something out the window while you were driving. Im like "what?"

I look at 3 pax in back seat and ask did one of you throw something out my window? Nothing.. i then explain to cop Im an Uber driver taking these people home. Cop says it looked like it came from front pax, she denies it. Cop asks for her ID and she hands over DL and family PBA card. I say.officer im.sorry i didnt see anything i was focused on driving.. he tells me i am not getting a ticket but takes mine and girl pax ID to his car. Im asking these pax again who threw it, and no one says anything.

Cop comes back, hands me my stuff, and tells girl pax "throwing shit out of the car will get you pulled over", then gives her ID back and walks back to his car and leaves. I pull away, and aftrr a few minutes driving I finally get the rear pax on right side to admit he tossed water bottle out the window. If we werent 2 minutes from destination I would have dumped him right there. I still ripped into his dumb azz. I arrive at destination, and as they are getting out i said "after all that and no tip?? I let you get water and you get me pulled over and not even a tip?" They just walked away into thier house. A-holes.

New rule. Pax wants to make a pit stop, tip first, then stop. No tip, no stop. F em. They really pissed me off. At least it was a $50 net for me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Get a 2.1x at bar close in AP going to Rumson.. 2 guys 2 girls, 1 girl up front, rest in the back. We head out, and the guy who requested the ride asks if we can stop at 7/11 on the way. I say yes and hint that a gratuity for stopping would be appreciated. Didnt really get a response and he and front pax girl go in, get waters and some reeses cups. Back driving tbrough Oceanport and i take a left turn a little wide. Not 30 seconds later, red and blues in my mirror. I pull over, tell everyone to be quiet. Cop comes over asks for paperwork, i tell him where it is before getting it, and my interior lights were already on. He says ok, and I ask "is it because of the wide left i made?" He says yes that but moreso the fact that someone threw something out the window while you were driving. Im like "what?"

I look at 3 pax in back seat and ask did one of you throw something out my window? Nothing.. i then explain to cop Im an Uber driver taking these people home. Cop says it looked like it came from front pax, she denies it. Cop asks for her ID and she hands over DL and family PBA card. I say.officer im.sorry i didnt see anything i was focused on driving.. he tells me i am not getting a ticket but takes mine and girl pax ID to his car. Im asking these pax again who threw it, and no one says anything.

Cop comes back, hands me my stuff, and tells girl pax "throwing shit out of the car will get you pulled over", then gives her ID back and walks back to his car and leaves. I pull away, and aftrr a few minutes driving I finally get the rear pax on right side to admit he tossed water bottle out the window. If we werent 2 minutes from destination I would have dumped him right there. I still ripped into his dumb azz. I arrive at destination, and as they are getting out i said "after all that and no tip?? I let you get water and you get me pulled over and not even a tip?" They just walked away into thier house. A-holes.

New rule. Pax wants to make a pit stop, tip first, then stop. No tip, no stop. F em. They really pissed me off. At least it was a $50 net for me.
Asking for a tip at the jersey Shore rates at 2.1x surge is balsey. They were fools for getting you pulled over, but don't you feel even a little pathetic basically begging someone for a tip?

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dash cam could have saved you if you did get a ticket.
Probably not. Its my car im driving im basically on the hook for what pax do. At least i think i am.

Asking for a tip at the jersey Shore rates at 2.1x surge is balsey. They're were fools for getting you pulled over, but don't you feel even a little pathetic basically begging someone for a tip?
Nope.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Asking for a tip at the jersey Shore rates at 2.1x surge is balsey. They're were fools for getting you pulled over, but don't you feel even a little pathetic basically begging someone for a tip?
I wouldn't he was begging for a tip, but I don't really complain about tipping at the Jersey Shore, especially when it surges. I think accepting a surge is a way of tipping.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I'd would've been livid if I got pulled over for that, but it seems like you were really living up to your name that time, especially since you're a Shore regular.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I one star and ask never to be paired agIn, first weekend using top box on eBay. It is working . Had a nice girl on less than a mile say she liked it. Quote
It's hard to ignore. 20&42 cash

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I wouldn't he was begging for a tip, but I don't really complain about tipping at the Jersey Shore, especially when it surges. I think accepting a surge is a way of tipping.
I wouldnt ask for a tip id say it as " you owe me a penalty payment" atleast $5. Its not about the money its about the princeable. Maybe they would learn.

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
Little cold to be driving with windows open last nite. I keep my child locks on so they can't play with the windows. Plus the air hammer drives me nuts when the windows are down.
Is this a getting old kind of a thing? I don't remember anything like this when I was a kid, but now... Excruciating headaches. Or maybe it's just my sinus issues combined with the air hammer? I don't know.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts