Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm disgusted by rich people who are at heart are cheap scum and users. Picked a pax up at a very expensive house. Opened the door, loaded the luggage, said welcome aboard. Dead silence so i didn't say another word. I hadn't driven 5 feet and i get this. "Don't get on the tollroad i'm not paying your tolls" "Ok" I fall silent. "When you get to the airport drop me off upstairs i'm not paying someone to check my luggage" "Ok" I fall silent. NO WAY there will be a tip on this one. We arrive at the terminal and what do i hear? "In the future you should drive faster people have flights to catch" Dumped the luggage on the curb and drove off without even looking at this subhuman. I know i got 1 star……drrrrrrummmm rolllllll…..Who can guess what my rider rating was for this animal?

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really i just post the worst ones when i get them. That being said i have a 4.9 star rating as i show up fast call to let them know i'm rolling up. I open the door for them. I drive a clean undamaged car and i know the metroplex like the back of my hand. I know shortcuts and use gps only for the final couple of blocks. I thank them for their business when i drop them off and even carry bags to the door for them. I deliver one HELL of a good service for .85 a mile. Because of this i will not tolerate any shit from pax…. from them not being ready when i roll up to bullshit when they get in MY car. I WILL be treated with the same respect i give them or i'll kick their ass out in the middle of the street.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I'm disgusted by rich people who are at heart are cheap scum and users. Picked a pax up at a very expensive house. Opened the door, loaded the luggage, said welcome aboard. Dead silence so i didn't say another word. I hadn't driven 5 feet and i get this. "Don't get on the tollroad i'm not paying your tolls" "Ok" I fall silent. "When you get to the airport drop me off upstairs i'm not paying someone to check my luggage" "Ok" I fall silent. NO WAY there will be a tip on this one. We arrive at the terminal and what do i hear? "In the future you should drive faster people have flights to catch" Dumped the luggage on the curb and drove off without even looking at this subhuman. I know i got 1 star……drrrrrrummmm rolllllll…..Who can guess what my rider rating was for this animal?
I don't open door for nobody , if I smell pax his a jack A$$ I will use release trunk button if he still unhappy I will have him get his luggage cancel the trip and push the gas pedal to the floor . C Y A

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Let me get this straight - so, after all those comments you helped this piece of siht to unload luggage?!

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
+1 to purge!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I hope I NEVER get a rider like this. I don't open the door for anyone unless they are old or have a bunch of things in their hands. I pop the trunk and depending on the person, I might help load luggage. Of course, I am female.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had someone leave a wad of cotton soaked in ???? with blood on it, and the wrappers for band-aids in a cup holder in my 3rd row seat. Didn't see it until a passenger noticed it.

That deserves a 1 Star, but I don't know who did it.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
You may have saved yourself the 1 ☆ rating if you dumped him to the curb after he told you to go upstairs when you got to the airport. That's an arrivals (pickup) area, so he's asking you to do something illegal. You could submit the concern to Uber and ask them to remove his rating on your profile.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
You may have saved yourself the 1 ☆ rating if you dumped him to the curb after he told you to go upstairs when you got to the airport. That's an arrivals (pickup) area, so he's asking you to do something illegal. You could submit the concern to Uber and ask them to remove his rating on your profile.
They never remove ratings.

I take this woman to Walmart, she says wait for me while shopping, I say I can;t and tell here that there are a lot of cars around anyways and she would easily find one... I don't want to stay in parking lot 45 minutes for a stupid 4 dollars. I get 1 star. Uber's response "we truely believe the rating system reflects your true ratings" or some garbage like that.. so, if customer wants to take me hostage and I decline, in a busy area where I can complete 2 and maybe 3 short trips, Uber says customer is right, and I should wait!

I get this request at the airport.. Woman is not at described pickup location.. I call her to further understand where exactly she is.. she is in departures terminal... she is upset.. I already got a ping, moved from my staging area, waster a good 10 minutes, got out of queue... I want to get this tip, I am committed.. I find the pax after going full circle around the terminal and arriving at the departures.. I greet her, ask her how is she doing, how is her day going, etc.. I explain that the area to wait for pickups is arrivals and not departures.. she is still upset.. "how are you doing today?"... she answers "I have seen better days!" Later in teh trip she is less repulsive.. it is a good trip.. but I am sure she dinged me for not having a crystal ball to know she actually was in the departures waiting for pickup.

I get this ping from Bayshore Blvd, in the middle of the Tampa Bay, I call and figure out the street intersection where customer really is.. I arrive and pick her up.. destination is also input wrong which we find out as I almost pass where she really intends to go... pax says she was hungover from yesterday and slept the entire day... I am not sure she gave me low stars, but possible..

I had 200+ trips with 4.99 average until I checked and saw my daily rating crashed to 4.6 and 30-day down to 4.96!

At least long term rating is stable and never changed more than 0.03 in either direction for months.

There are so many things I cannot control when it comes to ratings... I so much wish I knew the @$$hole giving me the 1-star! and what for it was... I am able to corralate certain group of people, behaviors with low ratings.. I stay clear of them and I am ok, when I start taking them, I get destroyed ...

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
They never remove ratings.

I take this woman to Walmart, she says wait for me while shopping, I say I can;t and tell here that there are a lot of cars around anyways and she would easily find one... I don't want to stay in parking lot 45 minutes for a stupid 4 dollars. I get 1 star. Uber's response "we truely believe the rating system reflects your true ratings" or some garbage like that.. so, if customer wants to take me hostage and I decline, in a busy area where I can complete 2 and maybe 3 short trips, Uber says customer is right, and I should wait!

I get this request at the airport.. Woman is not at described pickup location.. I call her to further understand where exactly she is.. she is in departures terminal... she is upset.. I already got a ping, moved from my staging area, waster a good 10 minutes, got out of queue... I want to get this tip, I am committed.. I find the pax after going full circle around the terminal and arriving at the departures.. I greet her, ask her how is she doing, how is her day going, etc.. I explain that the area to wait for pickups is arrivals and not departures.. she is still upset.. "how are you doing today?"... she answers "I have seen better days!" Later in teh trip she is less repulsive.. it is a good trip.. but I am sure she dinged me for not having a crystal ball to know she actually was in the departures waiting for pickup.

I get this ping from Bayshore Blvd, in the middle of the Tampa Bay, I call and figure out the street intersection where customer really is.. I arrive and pick her up.. destination is also input wrong which we find out as I almost pass where she really intends to go... pax says she was hungover from yesterday and slept the entire day... I am not sure she gave me low stars, but possible..

I had 200+ trips with 4.99 average until I checked and saw my daily rating crashed to 4.6 and 30-day down to 4.96!

At least long term rating is stable and never changed more than 0.03 in either direction for months.

There are so many things I cannot control when it comes to ratings... I so much wish I knew the @$$hole giving me the 1-star! and what for it was... I am able to corralate certain group of people, behaviors with low ratings.. I stay clear of them and I am ok, when I start taking them, I get destroyed ...
Yeah, damn rating system is antiquated as shit.

I hate the "customer is always right" mentality when it comes to standing up for your employees (or "independent contractors"). If an irate customer goes off on someone at Mickey D's, if I am a manager, I deal with the upset customer, give him some extra fries or some shit, but when I turn around to my employee, I indicate they did the right thing and don't ding them for the shit they just put up with.

Same should apply to Uber, but the CSRs and the system has no brain for this. "Oh, your driver was unable to find you because you're a complete dumbass and waited in the wrong section of the airport? I do apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured we'll pass your comments off to the driver. Here's a code for $2 off your next ride." They come to you: "Hey, that customer was pretty stupid. Sorry you had to put up with that shit. We'll remove the rating."

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, damn rating system is antiquated as shit.

I hate the "customer is always right" mentality when it comes to standing up for your employees (or "independent contractors"). If an irate customer goes off on someone at Mickey D's, if I am a manager, I deal with the upset customer, give him some extra fries or some shit, but when I turn around to my employee, I indicate they did the right thing and don't ding them for the shit they just put up with.

Same should apply to Uber, but the CSRs and the system has no brain for this. "Oh, your driver was unable to find you because you're a complete dumbass and waited in the wrong section of the airport? I do apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured we'll pass your comments off to the driver. Here's a code for $2 off your next ride." They come to you: "Hey, that customer was pretty stupid. Sorry you had to put up with that shit. We'll remove the rating."
That is a pipe dream, but would be REAL customer service. As stated multiple times on this forum, drivers are as disposable as toilet paper. Uber does not make money on the drivers, they make money on the passengers, so the passengers are ALWAYS RIGHT, according the Uber. Until there are real changes, like kicking pax off the platform for low ratings, removing ratings that are unfair, or removing the rating system completely, then nothing is going to change.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ROFL!! I got a ping at an address i KNOW is a Walmart. I decided to have some fun. I drove slow toward the store. Took a wrong turn drove for a bit and took another street. I start getting texts telling me i'm going the wrong way. No shit? Next i get a phone call. I didn't answer and canceled the ride and logged off. Shove your mini fare up your ass sideways.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts