Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this person cancel on me 3x in a row. The cancels were immediate. Requests spaced 5-7 min apart.

At first I thought it was Lyft just giving it to another driver. But now I'm thinking the pax didn't like my pic or name.

My Lyft rating 4.9.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
After a pax cancels on me, I go off line for a couple of min, so the request will go to another driver. On some repeat long distance requests, I have accepted request, then call pax and tell them I'm too far away, A couple of times after talking to pax, I will go get them if they make the $ offer.

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I put on my tinfoil hat I can come up with some conspiracy theories:

- Uber creating false pings to see if drivers are driving for both companies.

- Lyft creating false pings hoping to destroy acceptance rate, pay fewer PDB bonuses.

- an outside place, like MIT, testing to see how many drivers are actually on the road at a given time.

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
I used to take this personally, until I met a passenger who wanted me to drive her every day. Then I saw first hand that the pings DO NOT go to the closest driver as I watched her request and cancel several times while she was sitting in my car until she was matched with me. Eventually Uber just blocked us from matching entirely.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
If your avatar is your pic and your name is Frankenstein, then yes, I would agree with you. :rolleyes:

Then again is a little paranoia 'healthy'? :eek:
View attachment 186520
Tin foil hat's do have an effect.

The placebo effect is a real thing that occurs when someone *THINKS* that what they are doing is having an effect.

So for instance one can be prescribed a sugar pill for their hypochondria.

So if someone is crazy *Thinks* that a Tinfoil hat keeps the government out of their head... well putting on a tin foil hat might reduce their anxiety level and lower their stress level, blood pressure... ect.

So a Tin-foil actually DOES do something.

The real conspiracy is that the tinfoil hat doesn't do anything...

The truth is that the power of the tinfoil hat is entirely mental...

All hail the magic tinfoil hat.

Reactions: Rakos and Mista T

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
I used to take this personally, until I met a passenger who wanted me to drive her every day. Then I saw first hand that the pings DO NOT go to the closest driver as I watched her request and cancel several times while she was sitting in my car until she was matched with me. Eventually Uber just blocked us from matching entirely.
I agree that this is the most likely scenario for the cause of the cancels

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Had this person cancel on me 3x in a row. The cancels were immediate. Requests spaced 5-7 min apart.

At first I thought it was Lyft just giving it to another driver. But now I'm thinking the pax didn't like my pic or name.

My Lyft rating 4.9.

Thoughts?
Just as you, the driver, may cancel regardless of the reason, the rider can do likewise. Just as the rider does not question your motives, we the drivers, should not question the writers Motives. In other words, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Must be 15 feet away or Uber won't match you.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
I was sitting next to an apt complex and accepted this women’s ping. She cancelled and we played the accept and her cancel game for at least 30 minutes.
She finally doesn’t cancel the ride so I pick her up and the first thing she says is “Oh, you are white.” Judging by her bbw appearance I would have thought she would have been looking for a black man but whatever

·
Registered
211 Posts
I usually hang around the area for a few, even drive toward pax when I see location before they cancel, at least til I get another ping. Pax wants to dick me around, figure right back atcha. Maybe they don't like me, but it costs them 10-15 minutes some time. Like to think its a minimum ride.

What's really fun, when they finally accept you, take your time getting there, try to take 5 minutes, then let them cancel again

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I never had any luck trying to ping someone next to my car.

Used to try a lot back in 2014 but it never could get it.

People used to get furious when I had to tell them no even thou I was 5 feet away and not doing anything.

Reactions: Rakos

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never had any luck trying to ping someone next to my car.

Used to try a lot back in 2014 but it never could get it.

People used to get furious when I had to tell them no even thou I was 5 feet away and not doing anything.
The trick is to drop the pin at the corner ahead of you. Luber assumes you will go forward to pick them up.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
The trick is to drop the pin at the corner ahead of you. Luber assumes you will go forward to pick them up.
It doesn't really matter, My documents have been expired since June.

(Well they arn't expired but I won't update them...

·
7,116 Posts
In the past couple of days I have had two female pax cancel immediately after I've accepted the request. I just assumed they wanted female drivers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts