Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Money is money but going back and fourth with Uber through emails over $2.76 is a new low for some of these pax...
The biggest arguments over small price adjustments occur in the Bargain Basement. I've been behind people at Wal-mart disputing as to whether a can of beans should be 75 cents or 79. You don't see these kinds of disputes as often at Nordstrom's or Whole Foods.

The facts are, Uber is the bargain basement leader in transportation, just like the Bentonville outfit is in general retail, and you got to expect this kind of thing.

This doesn't seem very fair... and we rarely get to see what the pax are being charged!
I always make it a point to ask customers what their quote is (if the like to talk) and if the person if friendly to find out little more. they are basing their quote according to the uber nav now so don't be surprised with see 10 to 15 dollar difference. yesterday i drove passenger from jfk to 106 and west end ave. Google maps showed me through 116 to west side uber nav took me up to cross bronx then to henry hudson down to 96 to and up west end. They charged passenger 73 dollars their fare caulculation said the trip was 67 dollars so they eat 6 dollar intially then took out 31 percent from the 67. but the next fare i got was to e 76 there was not sales tax or bcf only their 20%

It was totally my fault I took her 1.5 miles out her way by missing an exit. It's just funny how someone would go through back and fourth emails with Uber over couch change.
If I make a mistake I just tell the rider "No worries, that'll add about 86 cents (or whatever I figure it would add) to the trip. Just take it off my tip."

I haven't had a fare adjustment yet. I think it makes them realize how silly it would be. I've actually had a couple folks tip me after I accidentally long hauled them.

I don't make many mistakes though. Now I'm thinking maybe I should...it's never hurt my rating.

Everyone needs to stop driving for Fuber. They are thieves. They will not make anymore money if we all stop driving for them and that would be a good lesson for every other app companies.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.