Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

PAX Check out this screenshot!!! Pax honestly must think we just wait around on them.

6K views 63 replies 26 participants last post by  ocbob2 
#1 ·
Font Screenshot Rectangle Brand Logo

So I had already waited on this pax for about 3-4 min already b4 I texted them, so after I texted I waited for another 3-4 min after that I left, so 11 minutes later I get a text from this person asking where I was at. I'm like are you serious, no wonder this guy had a 4.6, geez, I swear some of the clientele that Uber gets just gets better and better.

See less See more
#2 ·
View attachment 14117
So I had already waited on this pax for about 3-4 min already b4 I texted them, so after I texted I waited for another 3-4 min after that I left, so 11 minutes later I get a text from this person asking where I was at. I'm like are you serious, no wonder this guy had a 4.6, geez, I swear some of the clientele that Uber gets just gets better and better.
Usually with those folks the next text is "You're supposed to wait!"

I don't text anymore though.

#9 ·
I've noticed that often it can take several minutes for text messages to relay to the rider then back from the client to you. This has caused much heartache between my riders and me - especially when the pin is dropped in the wrong place.

Reactions: RachelD and glados
#64 ·
Now that I drive for Lyft, I notice a huge difference between the two pax. 80 rides with Lyft. 2 made me wait 3.5 minutes before coming to car. One 4.5 rated pax never showed and I collected my $5 (not $4 like UBusER). All others were curbside or out by 3 minutes and almost all were out under 2 minutes. Such a nice ride when it starts off without entitled riders.

#11 ·
View attachment 14117
I know really these people are so disrespectful to some of the drivers it's ridiculous if you're not out there and I'm there I'll wait a minute but then I'll turn around I'll leave you know what I don't put up with their s*** but then again I'm not desperate for money either… and these people who live in huge complex and they can't give me the courtesy to call you and give you the information you need like if you need to go through a gate or use a code or exactly what number building it is it cetera and you have to hunt them down and call them and all this s*** just ignorant

#16 ·
What's funny is most rides I wait for tend to tip and be decent trips as well. I waited (played phone tag) at an event nearly 40 mins. Trip was $110 and I got $100 tip. Oh and last week waited about 10 mins and got a $20 tip for a 10 mile ride.

Don't get me wrong I won't wait more than 5 mins most the time but there are times I do and they tend to pay off welol more times than not.
Sure you did... Why the $&@@ would someone give a $100 tip. Tell me more please

#31 ·
Technically its only $4, oh wait now its $3.40 thanks to uber taking more money.
Actually, it's more cost-effective if you get $5 cancelation fee. Because you don't drive the customer, there is no safe ride fee. You get 80% which is $4.00.

If you drive pax and make a minimum fare on the trip, Uber takes $1 safe ride fee and then you get 80% of remainder of fare totaling $3.20.

#32 ·
I could never keep track of how long I'd been waiting so if pax is not waiting when I arrive, I call them.

Then I have a record for myself indicating that I've arrived and can easily track 5 minutes without guessing or trying to memorize what time I arrive at every pickup location.

#35 ·
Make sure you wait 5 minutes to cancel. Tell pax, that's fine, you'll be charged a cancelation fee.

Just make sure you cancel 5 minutes after arriving.

If they don't answer, I'll leave a msg saying I'm your Uber driver and I'm parked at [their pickup location]. If this is not the correct pickup location, please let me know asap.

If I don't hear from them after 5 mins, I cancel no show.

Every minute you're messing around trying to find your pax after 5 minutes have passed and not receiving a call back is another minute you're not able to get another fare.

If I'm able to reach my pax, I'll go out of my way to accommodate them, even if it's going to be a minimum fare.

#34 ·
I found that if I didn't call immediately, these are the reasons that usually explain why they're not ready to go.

I thought you were going to call when you arrived. (I kid you not.)

Wow, you were fast. You must have been close by.

Oh, where are you? (Even though they can see me on their app.) Where are you again? (Doesn't matter where I'm at if they're not where they dropped the pin.)

That's not where I'm at, I'm at xxx. Do you know where that is? I'm right here. (Ok, I don't know where every street, restaurant or bar is in the whole SF Bay Area, nor will I attempt to memorize the whole of the bay area.) [And why they wait until you arrive and call them before saying they're not where they say they are..? Some people are much more respectful and will text or call right away to notify me of correct pickup location. ]

Oh, you're at my house. I'm not there. That's where I need a ride to.

I don't need a ride anymore.

I thought I canceled the trip.

I especially love it when they cancel after I've arrived but less than 5 minutes after they requested the trip.

Or they've requested a trip during surge pricing and are hedging and cancel under 5 minutes because surge pricing has ended.

Thank goodness the vast majority of people are courteous, answer the phone, tell you they're on their way out or ask if you can wait a couple minutes. They appreciate that you picked them up and are giving them a ride.

#37 ·
Remember your ABC's of I.C. work, everyone!

Always Be Compensated.

No free work looking for pax if they are more than 1/4 mile from the pin drop. Get that cancellation fee and Uber On!

Let an unseasoned noobie come behind you with his full glass of UberKoolaid drive around for 15 minutes looking for them for a minimum fare ride.

#39 ·
Trying to get paid on a couple of no shows after 5 minutes. It's usually automatic (& still $4 here - no ride = no safe ride fee, just Uber's 20% off the $5).

I accepted a ping from the same no-show, riding away. I cancelled (other) when I saw it was the same timewaster - no point in asking for a rating hit.

Now the original 5 minute wait/cancel/no- show trip is missing from "Trip History". You only see the later cancel/other transaction. No record of the original 5 minute wait & no auto-payment.

Guess you need to either go offline or be sure the next ping is a different rider. Live & learn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.