Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015-09-28 02.22.32.png

So I had already waited on this pax for about 3-4 min already b4 I texted them, so after I texted I waited for another 3-4 min after that I left, so 11 minutes later I get a text from this person asking where I was at. I'm like are you serious, no wonder this guy had a 4.6, geez, I swear some of the clientele that Uber gets just gets better and better.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
View attachment 14117
So I had already waited on this pax for about 3-4 min already b4 I texted them, so after I texted I waited for another 3-4 min after that I left, so 11 minutes later I get a text from this person asking where I was at. I'm like are you serious, no wonder this guy had a 4.6, geez, I swear some of the clientele that Uber gets just gets better and better.
Usually with those folks the next text is "You're supposed to wait!"

I don't text anymore though.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
let us know when that happens again..
What's funny is most rides I wait for tend to tip and be decent trips as well. I waited (played phone tag) at an event nearly 40 mins. Trip was $110 and I got $100 tip. Oh and last week waited about 10 mins and got a $20 tip for a 10 mile ride.

Don't get me wrong I won't wait more than 5 mins most the time but there are times I do and they tend to pay off welol more times than not.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I've noticed that often it can take several minutes for text messages to relay to the rider then back from the client to you. This has caused much heartache between my riders and me - especially when the pin is dropped in the wrong place.

Reactions: RachelD and glados

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 14117
I know really these people are so disrespectful to some of the drivers it's ridiculous if you're not out there and I'm there I'll wait a minute but then I'll turn around I'll leave you know what I don't put up with their s*** but then again I'm not desperate for money either… and these people who live in huge complex and they can't give me the courtesy to call you and give you the information you need like if you need to go through a gate or use a code or exactly what number building it is it cetera and you have to hunt them down and call them and all this s*** just ignorant

·
Registered
857 Posts
I know really these people are so disrespectful to some of the drivers it's ridiculous if you're not out there and I'm there I'll wait a minute but then I'll turn around I'll leave you know what I don't put up with their s*** but then again I'm not desperate for money either… and these people who live in huge complex and they can't give me the courtesy to call you and give you the information you need like if you need to go through a gate or use a code or exactly what number building it is it cetera and you have to hunt them down and call them and all this s*** just ignorant
pull up to as close to the pin as you can, tap arrived.. wait 5 minutes 10 seconds. collect 5 bucks and leave.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pull up to as close to the pin as you can, tap arrived.. wait 5 minutes 10 seconds. collect 5 bucks and leave.
The problem with this is that in my area if they request again they would get me again, although I have done this and gotten $10 bucks out of doing this once, it can come back to bite you, so what I have been doing is turning off the app, after I hit cancel so they can't get me again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What's funny is most rides I wait for tend to tip and be decent trips as well. I waited (played phone tag) at an event nearly 40 mins. Trip was $110 and I got $100 tip. Oh and last week waited about 10 mins and got a $20 tip for a 10 mile ride.

Don't get me wrong I won't wait more than 5 mins most the time but there are times I do and they tend to pay off welol more times than not.
Unless yiu drive something besides uberx I have a real hard time believing that. How about some screenshots for proof.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Sure you did... Why the $&@@ would someone give a $100 tip. Tell me more please

·
Banned
919 Posts
Uber send them a text when we arrive. even giving them a minute or two for the txt to come though they should be able to get their ass out to the car in 3 minutes.
If not , 4 stars. At 5:10, they don't get 4 stars but they do get a cancellation worth $5 for me.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Unless yiu drive something besides uberx I have a real hard time believing that. How about some screenshots for proof.
It was an XL trip at 2.4 surge. I don't understand why some of you guys insist on proof. Why the hell would I should you one of my spots? Or better yet why the hell would I make some thing up like that.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts