Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
am on android. When you have an active trip you get redirected to goggle or waze whichever you chose as map preference. However very often when a trip is cancelled you do not see the notification . If your phone is on mute or vibration there a high chance you won't even know the trip been canceled . . And yes some pax has managed to trick the system trying to get freebies

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
However very often when a trip is cancelled you do not see the notification . If your phone is on mute or vibration there a high chance you won't even know the trip been canceled .
Oh really? I've never had it happen to me, but when I'm on the way to a pickup and the pax cancels, it flicks me from google maps back to the Uber Partner app so I can see it was cancelled. Google maps keeps directing me in the background. (I'm on android)

Anyone had issues with PAX where an active trip been cancelled on Purpose trying to fare evade ..lol
You'll get prompted the trip was cancelled. Pull over and kinda say, I guess we have arrived . Have a great day!!

Then report the trip to Uber.

And yes some pax has managed to trick the system trying to get freebies
Oh.... put in a fare review!

Any certain type of 'pax' that has been doing it?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I reported it to Uber . That was a funny one . Last week it hsppened with 3 teenagers under a surge of 1.6 from st kilda to Abbotsford . Pick up the pax drive for 1 min oups trip cancelled . I got the notification by the sound but could not see any force notification to the uber platform . Google map was prioritising over uber app. I stopped and told the pax that the trip had been cancelled and therefore cannot go further . One of them persisted that nothing has been done of their side . Well I told them we need to initiate another trip request if you wish . Well lucky me I was the only one there so managed to accept another ping from pax at a surge of 2.0 . Start driving again after one minute Trip got cancelled and this time Phone under which the request was done was in the hands of anothe pax . I stopped the car and told them sorry the trip ends now as the trip had been Cancelled . Well they argue they didn't do anything and then told me we getting out and it would be better Getting a CAB. As usual I didn't argue and let them do what they wish . The good thing is I got 1 $8 cancellation and another $9 cancellation fees for 2 mins ride . And I laughed .

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I got a couple of em. Ive done nearly 2k rides so seen em all. Had 4 girls cancel a 1.2x after few mins. The surge went to 1.5x they cancelled again. I was all cooll cause im making quick money. Then they requested again at 2.2x and i ended up dropping them 45 kms. Made a killing. I lied to em and said uber will combine this into one trip automatically.. wanna be a smart ass gonna get played back.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I am sorry to hear this happened. It does seem like a scam where the pax cancels the trip mid route hoping the driver does not notice.
On my first week I had a pickup at Eastland to go to Blackburn. I pulled up and this guy yelled out "are you giving me a ride" so I said "yeah jump in".
As I start trip, I head to Blackburn and notice the trip got cancelled and started getting pinged again and again. I thought "shit something is not right".
Now, the guy I picked up.. my goodness there was something wrong with him.. he was talking about people who he bashed ect. I was glad to get rid of him and filed a report to uber hoping they would feel sorry for me but of course "picked up wrong passenger unable to process a fare" and of course that went against me.

Glad it happened on my first week. I always confirm everything now so I cant be scammed. 6 months later and have not had anyone trying to reduce the fare behind my back.

Fool me once shame on me..

@
sporadic
least food won't scam you

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Well you did the right thing.... Just typical low life scum that has now arrived on the Uber platform. Trying to get a 'free' ride. Hope you 1* them!!

Thats fine, there is the door.... Catch you later.
You can't rate a cancelled trip

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really thankful for the feedback. We are constantly working to improve the Uber experience and your input is crucial to doing so.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
I had it once.
Girl get into my car and after 1 minutes the trip stopped.

I told here to book again she told me her friend wants to book 2 Uber at the same time that why she cancelled.

I told her politely to get out of the car cause I don't have insurance and not allowed to take her.

She refused and gave me 40$ cash to take her from Richmond to Carlton :)

Of course the insurance issue was solve -:)

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
The right thing to do would be to tell them to re-ping, because of all the "insurance" stuff that Tom2828 alludes to.

If they cancel in a dodgy area, tell them to re-ping while you either ignore the ping or have gone offline before they can re-ping... And let the ping go to the next nearest driver. If the next nearest driver is 10 min away, good luck to them... It's their problem to have chosen to cancel in a dodgy area ;)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
The right thing to do would be to tell them to re-ping, because of all the "insurance" stuff that Tom2828 alludes to.

If they cancel in a dodgy area, tell them to re-ping while you either ignore the ping or have gone offline before they can re-ping... And let the ping go to the next nearest driver. If the next nearest driver is 10 min away, good luck to them... It's their problem to have chosen to cancel in a dodgy area ;)
Yeah but they'll still be in the car!!! They normally wouldn't get out to re ping the driver :/

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
Yup, but you would have every right to tell them to GTFO your car when the te-ping goes to the next available driver. They want to cancel, you can play hardball with them. No sense picking their next ping, they can't rate you for it either.

Then while they're still trying to get their next ping you write in to say that you had an issue with the trip and that pax cancelled, re-pinged and got another driver, but refused to leave the car... Or tell pax, if they don't want to GTFO you can always drive them to the police station and report them for trespassing.

Yeah but they'll still be in the car!!! They normally wouldn't get out to re ping the driver :/

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Is their a pattern as to the time of day, location or type of pax that do this loathsome thing? What sort of a scumbag would do that?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts