Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Did they call from an uber number? I believe they keep the number open for a short time after the ride is ended for that reason...that's why we have multiple uber numbers for passengers now...I could be wrong

Reactions: Uber00

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably an Uber number. I would be pissed if they gave my real number.

The item was for a gold police badge. hahaha

I’m guessing it’s one of those things you show when you get pulled over. So, you don’t get a ticket.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Probably an Uber number. I would be pissed if they gave my real number.

The item was for a gold police badge. hahaha

I'm guessing it's one of those things you show when you get pulled over. So, you don't get a ticket.
Those are usually only given to immediate family members, or surviving immediate family member of fallen police officers

Reactions: Uber00

·
Premium Member
6,131 Posts
Trust me. If I found a gold badge. I would do my utmost to return it. I have high respect for the police.

They have let me go after finding out I'm ubering.
I respect those who respect me. If the cop was nice to me I'd be nice to him and return it. But if he's an ass his property might get lost

·
Premium Member
6,131 Posts
I respect those who respect me
This is where I'm not very nice. If I found a gold badge and I knew it was from an airport non-tipper (especially a cop) it would find a new home next to a few phones in the Oradell Reservoir.
Sorry, but...
If you want your shit,
Hold onto it.
(Or, don't leave it in the 87cent taxi)
Atlantic ocean would be better

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is where I'm not very nice. If I found a gold badge and I knew it was from an airport non-tipper (especially a cop) it would find a new home next to a few phones in the Oradell Reservoir.
Sorry, but...
If you want your shit,
Hold onto it.
(Or, don't leave it in the 87cent taxi)
LOL - I have a uber pal - his SOP when someone leaves a phone in his uber is to turn it off asap - go to first trash can or body of water and send it into the deepest part

The reality is that having a cell phone or other valuable object on your hands SADLY results in cheap loser passengers making you go out of your way to bring the item back to them for free (per uber policy)

If you try to ask for some reasonable payment to return the item you can be charged with extortion by the police

The best possible resolution - SADLY - is to simply get rid of the item as quickly as possible and then deny that you have it if when any cheap passenger contacts you to try and get it back

I am very sorry but this is the reality -

I brought back about 6 items and no one gave me anything for my time - one of the trips took me an hour and I paid a $12 toll to return it

Uber is really way out of line with this policy

It should be the passengers responsibility to check the car for THEIR ITEMS and the passengers responsibility to pay us to return the items they leave behind

One follow up

If the passenger was really nice and if I am in a really good mood - I take the item to MY local police dept lost and found and leave it there and let the passenger go out of their way to go get the item

1,528 Posts
These cheap passengers will have you drive an hour out of your way to bring them something they left in your car and then say "thanks bud" as your reward - insanity
Thats true..A rider asked me to drive 20 miles to hoboken to drop off an item they left in my car..she said she didnt had a car
I told her to take Uber...she never did..mine now

1 - 20 of 40 Posts