Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happens all the time:
  1. What is your full time job?
  2. Where do you live and where are you originally from?
  3. Where do you go to college?
  4. Is this your car?
  5. What origin are you?
  6. Can we get you again on Uber/Lyft tonight?
Depending on my mood, it gets kinda annoying. I just lie about myself all the time, since I keep my personal life very secretive. I told a person once that I currently intern at a circus and that I work "the blue lights" during the show performance. Pax actually believed it.

Back in March, I had a creepy, obnoxious dude who kept consistently asking overly-personal questions like where my family worked, where exactly do I live, asked for my facebook, and my phone number. I gave him my text plus number, then burned it. I gave him a 1 star rating + report to Uber about his behavior, and Uber said that they won't pair me with him again they'll reach out to him to discuss the matter. Of course, Uber never responded or creepy pax never responded.

Drivers, tell me your stories.

·
Premium Member
64,608 Posts
Tell them you are the Middle child of a family of 23.
You and your sister shared the doghouse.
You swam across the Atlantic at 11 to come to the land of Opportunity.

Where Opportunists have exploited you ever since.

You share a basement with 11 strangers. You drive uber 20 hours a day. Part time.
You send all of your tips to your sister and her family of 13 back at the shed.
They live off a 50 lb bag of rice.

You are so thankful to be here !

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell them you are the Middle child of a family of 23.
You and your sister shared the doghouse.
You swam across the Atlantic at 11 to come to the land of Opportunity.

Where Opportunists have exploited you ever since.

You share a basement with 11 strangers. You drive uber 20 hours a day. Part time.
You send all of your tips to your sister and her family of 13 back at the shed.
They live off a 50 lb bag of rice.

You are so thankful to be here !
Lol I'm so weak. I drive a luxury vehicle so I don't think that's exactly believable, but it does guarantee more tips.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
Happens all the time:
  4. Is this your car?
  5. What origin are you?
Depending on my mood, it gets kinda annoying. I just lie about myself all the time, since I keep my personal life very secretive. I told a person once that I currently intern at a circus and that I work "the blue lights" during the show performance. Pax actually believed it.

Back in March, I had a creepy, obnoxious dude who kept consistently asking overly-personal questions like where my family worked, where exactly do I live, asked for my facebook, and my phone number. I gave him my text plus number, then burned it. I gave him a 1 star rating + report to Uber about his behavior, and Uber said that they won't pair me with him again they'll reach out to him to discuss the matter. Of course, Uber never responded or creepy pax never responded.

There comes a point, and that pax definitely reached that point, where you just have to call them out and tell them that's a little too personal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Depends on my mood but I usually don’t mind cuz I only drive part time. I tend to steer the subject to work talk to check out the job market since I’m a bit worn out at my full time job, got some # and business cards; otherwise I talk about my new puppy (surprisingly getting great tips from these convos lol).
I’d say if you’re not in the talking mood then turn the conversation around and start asking them questions instead. Ask about the right topic and they’ll start talking your ears off so you can just drive and zone out ✌

·
Registered
76 Posts
I always made stuff up. What does it matter? In fact, I’ve even said as much to a few passengers. “You’re going to be in my car for three minutes and we’ll never see each other again, so it doesn’t matter.” That never went over well but I also didn’t care because it’s always a tourist on a $3 ride and it’s near the end of my Uber days anyway.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the last thing I want to happen is have a pax showed up to my house that ask to be friends and give them rides.

I live in a wealthy neighborhood and I'm sure my neighbors know I do rideshare but good thing they haven't bothered me giving them a personal ride.

I lie about where I live all the time because if a pax was to do a little "research" on me, they'll be able to find where I live since my vehicle is parked outside and viewed in Google street view.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Happens all the time:
  1. What is your full time job? International assassin

2. Where do you live and where are you originally from? In a van, down by the river. I'm from your mom.

3. Where do you go to college? If I went to college, do you think I'd be doing this shitty gig.

4. Is this your car? Nope, I stole it.

5. What origin are you? Your mama

6. Can we get you again on Uber/Lyft tonight? Fudge you, I hate you.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Years ago, a stand up comedian, Jackie Vernon, used to dead pan: "We were so poor we got CARE packages from Europe. At the age of eight I was adopted by a Korean family."

You kids are probably too young to get it.

But you can always tell them, "I'm just another weary foot soldier in the never-ending war on boredom."

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Happens all the time:
  4. Is this your car?
  5. What origin are you?

Oh the times people have asked for my number to take them off the books, I give them a number from one of my ex's.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I don't lie about myself but I do reverse their same personal questions right back at them. The people who are truly interested in having a real conversation will answer my personal questions that I ask about them. The people who aren't usually shut the fk up after I start getting personal with them. They get the picture after a while.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts