Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a request to a city near the ORD. I turn around and head in the direction. Immediately I get a call from Pax telling me where they where. Tell me they are at the rideshare pickup area. I got them to confirm that they were at the airport.

So I asked them if they were going to the address I had to pick them up and they said no, they were going to Chicago.

At that point, I knew they THOUGHT they KNEW what they were doing. Trying to cheat the system of the $5 airport fee. Stupid pax. If they can't afford the $5 or too cheap, the might as well use that $5 to take the blue line home.

They ought to know thst GPS sees all and if I pick them up at the airport they will automaticall get charged anyway. I've had thst happen before and the pax gets charged

I told the pax I could not pick them up from the address with the wrong address entered due to the airport queue for rideshare drivers. TolD her she has to cancel and she did.

I guy had me pick him up from the rental car place one time too. I knew he didn't return a car, he just flew in. Guess what? He still got charged the airport fee. I love it!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Never ceases to amaze what pax will try to avoid a few bucks. Of course Uber has the airports geo-fenced in the app so they know when we do a pickup or dropoff within the perimeter of the airports. Silly pax!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Got a request to a city near the ORD. I turn around and head in the direction. Immediately I get a call from Pax telling me where they where. Tell me they are at the rideshare pickup area. I got them to confirm that they were at the airport.

So I asked them if they were going to the address I had to pick them up and they said no, they were going to Chicago.

At that point, I knew they THOUGHT they KNEW what they were doing. Trying to cheat the system of the $5 airport fee. Stupid pax. If they can't afford the $5 or too cheap, the might as well use that $5 to take the blue line home.

They ought to know thst GPS sees all and if I pick them up at the airport they will automaticall get charged anyway. I've had thst happen before and the pax gets charged

I told the pax I could not pick them up from the address with the wrong address entered due to the airport queue for rideshare drivers. TolD her she has to cancel and she did.

I guy had me pick him up from the rental car place one time too. I knew he didn't return a car, he just flew in. Guess what? He still got charged the airport fee. I love it!!
Answer the phone tell them you'll be there right away! Go to the address entered if it's worth it! Wait five minutes and cancel no show collect $4 or they'll cancel and you'll collect $4 but absolutely do not help these cheap ****s out!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Answer the phone tell them you'll be there right away! Go to the address entered if it's worth it! Wait five minutes and cancel no show collect $4 or they'll cancel and you'll collect $4 but absolutely do not help these cheap &%[email protected]!*s out!
I thought abt that after the fact. Damn me. I won't be answering Amy more calls from now on.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I thought abt that after the fact. Damn me. I won't be answering Amy more calls from now on.
Yeah, calls are always bad. Good riders know to text anything helpful while you're enjoying route. Most phones show the text above the GPS so it's no more distracting that looking at the speedometer. Answering calls is dangerous and leads to bad rides.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Well, you know the old expression, "If ya ain't cheating ya ain't trying". Gotta love the hustle! It's times like this one almost wishes the driver could convert a trip to a "pool" and then match it on purpose. Make them spend three hours riding around with random peeps before dumping them in WP. Lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts