Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had two occasions where female passengers showed up with a small child and not have their own child seat. Both times I felt sorry for them, not wanted to leave them stranded and let them ride. Both times I told them that they need to bring their child seats next time. I know it's crazy of me since I would be in serious trouble if we got in an accident. Just can't believe people would actually hail an Uber with a little child and not have their own seats! This world is full of idiots! Next time I will definitely cancel no matter what. How do you folks handle this?

·
Registered
776 Posts
I had two occasions where female passengers showed up with a small child and not have their own child seat. Both times I felt sorry for them, not wanted to leave them stranded and let them ride. Both times I told them that they need to bring their child seats next time. I know it's crazy of me since I would be in serious trouble if we got in an accident. Just can't believe people would actually hail an Uber with a little child and not have their own seats! This world is full of idiots! Next time I will definitely cancel no matter what. How do you folks handle this?
"Both times I felt sorry for them"

You felt sorry for them ? You should be more precise, you felt sorry for a selfish, irresponsible mother that is willing to greatly endanger an innocent child for her own convenience. You should have felt sorry for that poor child that had no saying about the danger he was being put on. Thus, you should have first cancelled the ride for "no-show", and then lectured the parent about the irresponsibility that they were trying to pull off.

"Both times I told them that they need to bring their child seats next time."

By accepting the ride, you actually validated their behavior. You can bet that therefore next time that they call an Uber they will NOT bring a child seat. And if that driver says that he can't do it, the mothers will use the argument "but my previous Uber driver did it"

Sorry to sound harsh on you, but you should see the video below before making that decision again in the future. And note that it is only at 30 miles per hour. I don't even want to think what it would look like at 55 mph.

Caution: It is kind of graphic.

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I completely agree with you. It's the kind of rookie mistakes that people make. Just want to share so others don't do what I did. Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
If their child is injured or killed in your car, they will not hesitate to sue uber and you personally for feeling sorry for them.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
In State of Texas the cab driver don't require a child seat. I don't know how true is this, but one of the guy was telling me. Anyway who is going to **** with that risk when uber don't give a shitt if u get in to an accident. So uber off, but seriously if u wanna make good money drive uber u will make billions of dollars and become rich and can easily retire with a high milage vehicle with zero value.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I've heard that argument before, about New York. Well...this isn't New York, and Uber isn't a cab. Normal passenger car rules apply. There's no state I know of that doesn't require restraints for children, stricter in some states than others. Always follow the safety laws.

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
Yeah, I have that "take care of people" attitude too, but you know you can't. Sorry, it's against the law and I'll lose my job. Cancel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts