Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a lady suggest Uber have an option on their app where you can book 2 or more cars at the same time if you're booking for someone else on your app and also need to take an Uber yourself to get home rather than have to wait for the first trip on your account to finish.
Are there any platinum drivers here that can bring this up when Uber asks for input on the service?

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Had a lady suggest Uber have an option on their app where you can book 2 or more cars at the same time if you're booking for someone else on your app and also need to take an Uber yourself to get home rather than have to wait for the first trip on your account to finish.
Are there any platinum drivers here that can bring this up when Uber asks for input on the service?
Too many variables in this equation, different locations, same location, different contact numbers for the travelling passengers. The original account holder becomes liable for other pax possible damage or no show. Headaches, especially for a budget cut price service.

Another running app is fairly simple to install and get underway, that way each user is privy to the terms and conditions.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it becomes a liability, although I do think it's a good idea, if it was possible.

I think Uber expects the account owner to travel in the car. Not enforced though.
I agree, maybe 40% of the passengers I pick up are using someone else's account. A lot of which are elderly people who can't use the app and their kids book a ride for them.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Uber uses the cliche "We listened" to drivers, but they only make changes based on negative impact on driver numbers. The usual tech startup mentality of launch now fix later.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
It is against the T&C's to take anyone without the account holder and also to take anyone who is not an account holder. It is one of my pet hates that drivers don't know the T&C's themselves and allow this to happen.

Also it is against the T&C's to take anyone under the age of 18 that is not accompanied by an adult or for anyone to have an account that is under the age of 18.

After the recent problems in Brisbane where the girls where only 16 will certainly make for an interesting legal problem for Uber and the Driver.

The rules are there for a reason to protect the passengers and the drivers not to mention Uber's Bank Balance.

As a driver myself I do not take anyone under age unless they are accompanied by the account holder who is an adult. Protect yourself out there guys as you literally will be screwed if something goes wrong on the trip.

I don't care if the rider says other Uber drivers take me ... I just let the Pax know that its ok I will report this trip to uber and let them know about your concerns. It's amazing how quickly they change there tune.

The T&C's are in the rider app under the legal menu ... read it !!!! Ignorance is no excuse when you are in front of a Judge.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Also it is against the T&C's to take anyone under the age of 18 that is not accompanied by an adult
Actually, it's not. The Riders conditions talk about unaccompanied minors, but the Drivers conditions do not.

In South Australia the driver is required to be accredited. One of the prerequisites to accreditation is a Working With Children Clearance. My Driver Accreditation Card has this endorsement printed on it, "Driver cleared to transport children".

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is against the T&C's to take anyone without the account holder and also to take anyone who is not an account holder. It is one of my pet hates that drivers don't know the T&C's themselves and allow this to happen.

Also it is against the T&C's to take anyone under the age of 18 that is not accompanied by an adult or for anyone to have an account that is under the age of 18.

After the recent problems in Brisbane where the girls where only 16 will certainly make for an interesting legal problem for Uber and the Driver.

The rules are there for a reason to protect the passengers and the drivers not to mention Uber's Bank Balance.

As a driver myself I do not take anyone under age unless they are accompanied by the account holder who is an adult. Protect yourself out there guys as you literally will be screwed if something goes wrong on the trip.

I don't care if the rider says other Uber drivers take me ... I just let the Pax know that its ok I will report this trip to uber and let them know about your concerns. It's amazing how quickly they change there tune.

The T&C's are in the rider app under the legal menu ... read it !!!! Ignorance is no excuse when you are in front of a Judge.
It would be good if the riders would take on their responsibilities from their end to save the hassle in the first place. Surely they would be liable for taking a ride against the T &C's also? I can't see why a driver should have full responsibility when the rider is clearly aware of their legal obligations if ever it did go to court.

Actually, it's not. The Riders conditions talk about unaccompanied minors, but the Drivers conditions do not.

In South Australia the driver is required to be accredited. One of the prerequisites to accreditation is a Working With Children Clearance. My Driver Accreditation Card has this endorsement printed on it, "Driver cleared to transport children".
It should be like that here too. If a driver has cleared a police check, they'd clear a blue card.

Yep, + 1.
As ST DYMPHNA son says: "always remember Über has your back." :D:D:D:D
I could say something cheeky about your comment, but I might get a "feeding chips to seagulls" response, lol. So I'll refrain.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts

Looks pretty clear to me ... here ill show you ... and the T&C's are Uber's not the law in your local province state or country.

It all comes down to insurance and when it goes wrong that is who really has your back your insurer. Uber's insurance policy will cover the passenger not you and as such they have there T&C's there to show that they have been responsible and therefore wont be liable If the Third party (the contractor/Driver) or the Passenger break there T&C's for the service. Simply put if you allow the passengers to break the T&C's you are now taking responsibility for everything. You can do that but if you do and you want to do more for your customer such as transporting a minor it is all on you not Uber. BTW if you break the law your the insurer wont pay.

So for your peace of mind why don't you call your insurer or email them and ask them if they will cover you for any scenario you can think of (in this case public liability). I did and changed my insurance from NRMA to a commercial policy from Alliance that is designed for Uber drivers. In QLD our CTP is set to change soon and we as Ride Share Drivers will have to pay for a better CTP insurance.

So yes you can transport a minor but you are responsible not Uber.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.