Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pick up a couple on westheimer and fondren on Saturday. They have a small baby in a carrier. I open the back door, and the guy bangs the carrier into the inside door panel. I just looked at it and he seemed to laugh. So I take them on the short trip to their church, so I didn't make any money. Again on the way out he hits the door again. Hmm.
I pull away and go offline to inspect the door. I see some abrasions, but it does not show up on camera. I am thinking I can buff it so it does not show.
Today I take one of my regular good passengers to his destination. He opens that same door, and this sunlight hits the panel just right, now I can see a door panel so scratched that looks like its from a rental car that is at the end of its life.
Is it too late to report to uber? the panel costs $200.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
So I pick up a couple on westheimer and fondren on Saturday. They have a small baby in a carrier. I open the back door, and the guy bangs the carrier into the inside door panel. I just looked at it and he seemed to laugh. So I take them on the short trip to their church, so I didn't make any money. Again on the way out he hits the door again. Hmm.
I pull away and go offline to inspect the door. I see some abrasions, but it does not show up on camera. I am thinking I can buff it so it does not show.
Today I take one of my regular good passengers to his destination. He opens that same door, and this sunlight hits the panel just right, now I can see a door panel so scratched that looks like its from a rental car that is at the end of its life.
Is it too late to report to uber? the panel costs $200.
Go to the junk yard if you really want to replace it.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
No report it. I know someone who had their dash scratched and it was covered.
Keep pushing it may take several emails but don't give up.

RC

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I reported, LKQ wont have a panel for a new car. The response from Uber is, we'll make sure you dont get matched up with them again. I think when I am done with Uber and get another job, I will be replacing a lot of inside panels to get my car back in new shape, or I can try repairing using a heat gun. Never done that, and not sure how that will work out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts