Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber gave him a full refund ...... luckily I remembered him and his exact address, name, and description..... uber gave me the full fare refund and ate the loss......shockingly uber did the right thing and gave me an immediate fare adjustment without any pushback....馃憤馃従馃憤馃従馃憤馃従

Registered
Uber gave him a full refund ...... luckily I remembered him and his exact address, name, and description..... uber gave me the full fare refund and ate the loss......shockingly uber did the right thing and gave me an immediate fare adjustment without any pushback....👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾
Do you have a dashcam? If you don't, that's the trick. If you do maybe the ride was requested by a third party

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No dashcam....but I did call earlier that exact day and reported him cuz he wanted to get dropped off a few blocks away from Middlesex county college.....which I didnt understand why when I could've dropped him inside the parking lot.....long story short I didnt trust him and apparently he must've did this before so idk.....I was more surprised that they gave me my fare back immediately

Registered
No dashcam....but I did call earlier that exact day and reported him cuz he wanted to get dropped off a few blocks away from Middlesex county college.....which I didnt understand why when I could've dropped him inside the parking lot.....long story short I didnt trust him and apparently he must've did this before so idk.....I was more surprised that they gave me my fare back immediately
Bro....please get one. If you operate in Newark Irvington without it, you'll have at least 3 wrongful pick up issues daily. Ask those who know....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't pick up in Newark ever Paterson Irvington none of those lol this happened in sayreville shockingly.....first time i ever been accused in 3 yrs of driving.....I always confirm name and location before going anywhere....if they ask for a special favor or drop off a few blocks away I always notate it in the system that the customer wanted a drop off a few blocks away....

Premium Member
Uber gave him a full refund ...... luckily I remembered him and his exact address, name, and description..... uber gave me the full fare refund and ate the loss......shockingly uber did the right thing and gave me an immediate fare adjustment without any pushback....👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾
The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Uber took the ride payment away, then Uber support reviewed it and decided I was guilty of fraud. I had to go to GLH to clear it up and get my $72 back. I will never again drop someone off a few blocks from their destination unless they change the destination in the app.

Registered
I had been this forum for a while and the vets were all saying get one. My aha moment came after seeing a video one day of some female hood rat from Da Bronx saying to this calm and collected driver. If you don鈥檛 do this or that I鈥檓 telling the police you raped me. Got one the next day. Do you need that in your life? Bonus it may save your butt in a he said she said accident where someone is saying it鈥檚 your fault when it isn鈥檛 or to dispute a traffic ticket.

Premium Member
Bro....please get one.
[a dashcam]
If you operate in Newark Irvington without it, you'll have at least 3 wrongful pick up issues daily. Ask those who know....
absolutely damn right.
EVERYBODY must use a dashcam.

if anybody listens to Dustin's podcasts
(YouTube: Dustin is Driving)
he posts lots of stories and videos of dashcam rider fails.

Premium Member
A dashcam is an ass saver, or rather life saver. even if uber reduses to review footage, it can help you in many other ways. pax will also be less willing to engage in fraudulent acts when they know there's a camera to begin with.

Registered
Dash cams are major deterrents. Last night I picked up a dude and drove him to his iop. No sooner do I get back to the area I picked him up, I get a poo ping from the same name/address. Now curious how this dude beat me back, I accept. Get to the house and about a minute later. In jumps a hood rat. I ask him his name and he says the name of the guy I drove just before. I tell him that he is not who he claims, then he tells me his girl ordered the ride. I tell him his girls name is Vinny? No way. I tell him to get out my car, he starts arguing, I reach up and hit the button in my vantrue and light up the screen and tell him that we are driving straight to the police station if he don鈥檛 get out. He did, the clock ran
Out and I got paid. Thank you vantrue

Registered
Dash cams are major deterrents. Last night I picked up a dude and drove him to his iop. No sooner do I get back to the area I picked him up, I get a poo ping from the same name/address. Now curious how this dude beat me back, I accept. Get to the house and about a minute later. In jumps a hood rat. I ask him his name and he says the name of the guy I drove just before. I tell him that he is not who he claims, then he tells me his girl ordered the ride. I tell him his girls name is Vinny? No way. I tell him to get out my car, he starts arguing, I reach up and hit the button in my vantrue and light up the screen and tell him that we are driving straight to the police station if he don't get out. He did, the clock ran
Out and I got paid. Thank you vantrue
So what was the story behind this? Guy using different people to do drug runs??

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He wanted and got a free ride to Middlesex county college it was him....uber knew it was him and I'm guessing he did it before and now I believe hes deactivated....I'm not 100% sure but being that they immediately refunded my fare I'm guessing it was an easy case....plus I covered myself that day with a in app message

Registered
So what was the story behind this? Guy using different people to do drug runs??
Nothing like it. First Vinny was cool. 20 minute ride, a pretty stand up kid. I knew he was in the program just by the location, but he told me before I let on I knew what iop was. Plus he was Italian, the 2nd version was a hood rat, with the correct hr attitude. He wasn't riding in my whip in any event, I just played the clock out.

Registered
He wanted and got a free ride to Middlesex county college it was him....uber knew it was him and I'm guessing he did it before and now I believe hes deactivated....I'm not 100% sure but being that they immediately refunded my fare I'm guessing it was an easy case....plus I covered myself that day with a in app message
FB4BBC6E-9167-4C66-9898-12B47DBC1F34.jpeg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts