Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy cow, what are your reasons for giving passengers such low ratings? This week alone I had a 4.21, 4.27, 4.31, and a bunch of ratings around 4.60. Are you giving them non-fives because they sniffled too many times, didnt want to be your BFF or soul mate?

You do know that only translates to them giving drivers low ratings for little to no reason? ...which I believe that has been posted on here before

·
Registered
268 Posts
Some thoughts from two years of TNC driving:
  • A significant number of pax don't know that drivers rate riders
  • Most pax that understand they are rated, really don't care what their rating is. Thus, a low rating from a driver for a specific trip does not necessarily correlate to bad driver ratings from that same pax.
  • Pax's cannot link a bad rating to a specific driver unless they are a brand new user of the platform or a very infrequent user.
To the rare pax that might actually be reading this and cares about improving their overall rating, here's a few tips from a seasoned driver to assist your rating improvement efforts:
  • Be at the curb waiting when your driver arrives. After all, you can see exactly where they are once the trip is assigned.
  • Be polite, courteous, respectful, and appreciative of the ride you are getting a 1/2 the price of a taxi. Don't act like an entitled a**hole.
  • Most importantly, TIP GENEROUSLY; just like you would a taxi.
It would also help if you were not obnoxiously, incoherently drunk; smoking right before you entered MY car; or trying to tell me the best way to go when I don't ask - but, these kind of go with the territory when one accepts TNC driving.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Passenger ratings don't mean diddly-squat. They could have a 1.0 and still be using the platform because Uber wants the money. However if you are a driver judgemental Millennials can get you knocked off the platform pretty quickly. Posted this to be complaining about drivers rating the passengers is hilarious because those passengers no doubt deserved those extremely low ratings. I'm guessing you don't drive but are a passenger with a low rating. If you are a driver open your eyes. Once you've been doing this awhile you will realize the game is not rigged in your favor. Don't bother looking at the passengers rating just pay attention to the way they act approaching the car if you can. You'll know when to drive off hopefully. I've attached an image of the typical Uber passenger named travesty kalenik who is blaming his Uber black driver for going broke.
Comfort Gesture Vehicle Motor vehicle Head restraint

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like tips, I don't expect them. I see a great consensus that expects them. When I do receive them I'm very happy. A passenger shouldn't expect to tip, just like a pizza delivery driver shouldn't expect a tip (but I'm sure he hopes).

I haven't been on forums in a few months, but I seem to recall a rally to rate pax low if they don't tip. That's stupid. I can barely afford to pay attention. If I ever got in a jam and had to take a Uber, I'd barely be able to afford the ride, so be happy with that. I wish I could tip, but can't always do that. Respect some passengers are starving and can't tip, but had an emergency. Don't go down the path of pax who can't or don't tip, you don't know their situation. Just to request an Uber ride might be a really special treat that they couldn't normally afford.

Sorry, this is off topic, but it reminded me of similar topic, I'm on... I saw rallies a few months ago to start rating passengers low if they don't tip. If I ever got in an emergency, I'd barely be able to pay for an Uber as is. So rating me low (if I was a pax) because I didn't tip, that's a bit unfair.

Remember, every dollar earned goes in your pocket. My goal is the 100 trips per month to keep my fuel card active, that sure comes in handy. I slacked past couple of months and my card is invalid. On path to reactivating it this month :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts