Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stopped my car to drop off a white drunk ass female passenger on the side of the road. She opened the door without even checking surroundings and other yellow cab hit in the rear passnager door.

My rear car door is damaged and front door also. I called police and they told me to pick report after couple of days.

I called Lyft and they have deactivated my account. I need advice.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
I was stopped my car to drop off a white drunk ass female passenger on the side of the road. She opened the door without even checking surroundings and other yellow cab hit in the rear passnager door.

My rear car door is damaged and front door also. I called police and they told me to pick report after couple of days.

Wat advice do you need?

·
Super Moderator
3,022 Posts
You really need to post more information, you're not giving us enough information. You will have to go through your insurance if the damages are severe and there is internal damage you are unaware of. This will count as a vehicle collision. You should not of contacted Lyft at all, you should of spoke to us or someone in the business first or a lawyer.

It is unlikely you can sue the pax for damages, if you sue the pax you will have to sue Lyft as well and they will defend the best interests of Lyft as it was their pax that caused the damage.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
You really need to post more information, you're not giving us enough information. You will have to go through your insurance if the damages are severe and there is internal damage you are unaware of. This will count as a vehicle collision. You should not of contacted Lyft at all, you should of spoke to us or someone in the business first or a lawyer.

It is unlikely you can sue the pax for damages, if you sue the pax you will have to sue Lyft as well and they will defend the best interests of Lyft as it was their pax that caused the damage.
Whenever that crap happens, the driver always gets the short end of the stick unfortunately

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drive rental car. I have rented this car from FastTrackLlc. Fast track policy is “if anything happens to car if it’s my fault or others party fault’ they will detuct $1000 from my account. I donot want to pay $1000. I told the lady atleast 4 times ‘watch out for traffic’ but she ignored and opened the door.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts

The yellow cab was probably thrilled at the oppportunity to smash ur car. Went on and told his friends there is one less uber car on the road.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Most cars these days have auto lock and unlock. Do not put your car on park when you arrive at your destination as it will unlock the doors.
You are responsible for checking whether it's safe or not for the passenger to exit your vehicle.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
You're screwed. Just thank the uber gods it was a rental. Pay the 1000 bucks and move on with your life.

Welcome to this horrible industry.

And thats why another reason i dont do late nights anymore. Or the city.

My next car for this gig is gona be made out of rubber bands.

And dont be surprised if she amd the taxi guy sues you.

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
All i know is you only call police if your damage is worth over 3k. Other than that is not worth it. Als0 its your fault legally speaking according to tlc rules. So i wouldnt be going after anybody. Will fix the car and alwats tell pax to exit curbside

·
Registered
40 Posts
Most of these know it all ******** passengers lack common sense. When you're dropping them off and pulling over to the curb some of them are already attempting to open the door. They saying ok I'm here like duh I see let me stop b4 you open the door. In come congested areas you see ******** hopping out yellow cabs from the middle lane. Hailing yellow cabs and the idiot just stops and doesnt put on his hazard lights.

·
Banned
1,426 Posts
....You should not of contacted ...
Its 'You should not *have* contacted....'

I always leave pax on the curbside, can't trust them
If I know the pax is going to be an ******* I try to pull in with my ass sticking out and slightly blocking traffic if necessary.
Although lately I have been letting it slip and the pax have been outsmarting me.
Still so far no problems yet.
But I fear its going to happen one of these days.
****ing ******* pax.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts

Wow, Lyft is a bunch of ********. Glad I stopped wasting my time with them. Pay no different than Uber. And with a worse GUI

The yellow cab was probably thrilled at the oppportunity to smash ur car. Went on and told his friends there is one less uber car on the road.
Roflmao dude that's so ****ed up

1 - 20 of 46 Posts