1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know what you expected.
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

I don't know what I expected.
Girl in the front seat asked if they could drink Hennessy in my car. I said 'no'. 500 feet from the end of the trip I heard (and smelled) it being consumed behind me. (Why ask me if its okay if you're just going to do it anyway?)

Guess the trash can 2ft from the car upon exit was too much of a hassle.

1 star - report all reasons.
Report unsafe & illegal behavior.
Report rider mess and request $80 fee.
Report lost item.
Pull dashcam footage.

Rinse and repeat.

People are garbage.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
View attachment 237071
Girl in the front seat asked if they could drink Hennessy in my car. I said 'no'. 500 feet from the end of the trip I heard (and smelled) it being consumed behind me. (Why ask me if its okay if you're just going to do it anyway?)

Report lost item.
Pull dashcam footage.

Rinse and repeat.

People are garbage.
that's a $150 cleaning fee if I ever saw one.

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
View attachment 237071

Report lost item.
Pull dashcam footage.

Rinse and repeat.

People are garbage.
As a former veteran ant, based on what i just read, i assume you picked up these thugaboos from the east bay. Somewhere between club mallards in albany to fruitvale in oaktown.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I don't like Hennessy when there's not enough to get me drunk.
Not enough Hennessy?? Well your the only 10 I see. I prefer jack daniels. But is it lawful to drink in an Uber. California law it's a gray area. Basically up the the officer and da if you can get charged. Haven't heard of any Uber drivers with open container tickets.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Not enough Hennessy?? Well your the only 10 I see. I prefer jack daniels. But is it lawful to drink in an Uber. California law it's a gray area. Basically up the the officer and da if you can get charged. Haven't heard of any Uber drivers with open container tickets.
It's definitely illegal. Do you think the lack of drivers with open container tickets is due to it being legal?... Or because probably literally any driver would pull over and demand someone get out or ditch the drink if they had a rider with booze?

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
View attachment 237071

Report lost item.
Pull dashcam footage.

Rinse and repeat.

People are garbage.
What kind of SUV do you drive?
I would save the bottle and file a police report claiming the a rider was drinking in your car.
Using the latest forensic science, they can track the culprit and hand them a hefty citation.
And, if you have some recorded video, that is the icing on the cake!
Sweet Revenge is Priceless!

·
Registered
259 Posts
What kind of SUV do you drive?
I would save the bottle and file a police report claiming the a rider was drinking in your car.
Using the latest forensic science, they can track the culprit and hand them a hefty citation.
And, if you have some recorded video, that is the icing on the cake!
Sweet Revenge is Priceless!
That's a Prius. I second calling the cops and filling a report, even thought I don't think it'll go anywhere. At the very least you'll have a report number you can reference so Uber takes it seriously and knows it's been logged elsewhere outside their system.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I thought all alcohol need put in trunk even unopened
I think it's fine if there is closed alcohol in the main cabin. It's not ammunition.

Anything open in the trunk.

I always let riders and buddies drink in my veichle, if they aren't already drunk or seem obnoxious.

I also think that ticket is up to the officer and DA.

I quit drinking and smoking several years ago
I mean perhaps in the sense that almost any kind of ticket is at the discretion of an officer, sure.

No one is calling the da about whether or not to cite someone for a dui if there is an open container in the car. If this was something in dispute, the answer would've been decided years ago, publicly, any everyone would know.

Instead, everyone just knows you can't have alcohol in an uber. Or a cab, right? Or any vehicle without a partition that's not like a bus?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Prius like any hatchback, wagon or SUV doesn’t really have a trunk - backseat pax can reach into rear cargo area at will.
Open container? Out you go. Only 1 reason you have that with you. No, I don’t care what you say.
Common trick with bratty Millenials (like there’s any other type) is sneaking alchohol from a metal water bottle. If they’re passing the bottle around, it’s not water.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I second calling the cops and filling a report, even thought I don't think it'll go anywhere.
PD has better things to spend their time on, and so do I.
I'd see that as a waste of taxpayer resources.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts