Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so last night I picked up a 5.7x xl ride in the balboa peninsula. It was crazy, I struggled to find most pax, struggled to move anywhere in that area, they always put the pick up pin in the wrong spot, never had a destination, or put the destination wrong. I don't remember if i input the destination or not, but i confirmed it like 3 times verbally. I am not sure if this was the female pax's home or not. I went on my way, dude asked me if i knew where i was gong like 2x, I said is 5555 street your destination he says yes, ok, yes we are going there. mid ride he says it should be via triangle, harbor and merrimac thats where my destination is, well, that is no were near where your destination address is. I did basically a big 6 mile "U" to arrive at desired destination apartment complex. I swear i checked after ride and it was $75 net to me, today, i see its $49 net to me.

My question is does uber just do fare adjustments without notifying the driver? I believe this is what happened. Last night I was on 4 hours sleep, 19 hours awake. I kind of think the address was hers and he just took her to his place. I hope she was ok this morning but I still want my full fare. Uber is taking too long to respond, their only email was what was the pick up location and what was the destination. I answered that 3 hours ago.

your serious inputs are appreciated. I like all of you work hard, 2 jobs and have health bills to pay. fair is fair.

·
Premium Member
14,289 Posts
I hope, Uber pay you your money. Those intoxicated passengers always pull this BS, and Uber let them get away with it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there anyway to see which ones were adjusted and by how much via app or portal? this is the only one I recognize as it was my biggest fare. darn you FUBER!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Uber pulled that crap with me. I missed ONE freeway exit and the passenger was from Pasadena and he told me everyone always cancels on him when he goes to the airport for business and I noticed my pay was short almost $6 so I emailed the pricks they said over and over the pay was correct. I told them I was short then after 5 emails they said they deducted it and I fought it and they agreed to put it back after I said $6 for one freeway exit?? I cussed them out in an email then some higher up said they'd give it to me this time but it never was in my pay! I called them thieves in the email over and over! They do as they please!

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
You should take screen shots of your trips for the day. Then you have a reference to go back and see if anything has been modified. You may have to check on it multiple days. Depending on when the passenger complains about it.

Uber use to identify any trip with a little blue arrow. When you clicked on it, there would be notes about any modification to the trip. I don't see the little blue arrows anymore so I wouldn't doubt if uber is hiding the modifications on us.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should take screen shots of your trips for the day. Then you have a reference to go back and see if anything has been modified. You may have to check on it multiple days. Depending on when the passenger complains about it.

Uber use to identify any trip with a little blue arrow. When you clicked on it, there would be notes about any modification to the trip. I don't see the little blue arrows anymore so I wouldn't doubt if uber is hiding the modifications on us.
Thanks optimus and everyone for your input. I was thinking of doing screenshots but after long day didnt as i was tired. This seems like another issue class action worthy. They just take it without the courtesy of explaining why.

·
Premium Member
14,289 Posts
Thanks optimus and everyone for your input. I was thinking of doing screenshots but after long day didnt as i was tired. This seems like another issue class action worthy. They just take it without the courtesy of explaining why.
Yep, I agree. It's wrong because we did a service for that money. Those drunk pax are always giving wrong addresses, then they complain for a fare adjustment. Total BS.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
If you know a fare has been adjusted, you can fight it. Choose your battles though. You'll waste a lot of time nickeling and diming. I challenged my last one because I kicked the pax out of my car, and the pax subsequently contacted UBER and made some bold (and false) accusations against me. UBER's SOP is to take the pax at their word until the Partner says otherwise. It took about 2 days, but when the dust settled I got the adjustment reversed, and did not get the ding on my record. Your results may vary.

And yes, posting the details of that incident here is what got me temp-banned last week. :p

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
If you know a fare has been adjusted, you can fight it. Choose your battles though. You'll waste a lot of time nickeling and diming. I challenged my last one because I kicked the pax out of my car, and the pax subsequently contacted UBER and made some bold (and false) accusations against me. UBER's SOP is to take the pax at their word until the Partner says otherwise. It took about 2 days, but when the dust settled I got the adjustment reversed, and did not get the ding on my record. Your results may vary.

And yes, posting the details of that incident here is what got me temp-banned last week. :p
You got banned last week?..why?

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Just another one of the underhanded business practices Uber follows. Anytime they put their hand in our pockets we should know about it

·
Registered
626 Posts
I don't do the drunk crowd but if I did it seems that a preemptive strike would be prudent. As soon as they get out give your rating and make a report about their attitude and in the description explain how they were wasted and kept giving you wrong addresses. When they call in the morning and the CSR sees the trip they see that you have already explained the situation.
Seems logical........

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
There is never any indication whatsoever that the pax even got the money, it's entirely possible that Uber simply steals money, especially since they never notify you that they are modifying the fare or even asks you what really happened.

There is a girl on here that is supposed to be putting together a lawsuit and is constantly looking for people that have had this happen to them, you should try to contact her.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts