Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to do a couple rides a month only when I have to be driving somewhere and need to go in a particular direction. I've noticed with this new interface that I can't even see the destination until AFTER the 5 minute countdown and the pax arrives. This is such BULLCRAP. So now, I can't even use Lyft to drive in the direction I need to go anyway! Is there a way around this? This sucks for people like me who only drive in a certain direction (like those who take rides going home from another job) because you could be driving in the complete opposite direction of where you intended to go!

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Actually this sucks for a wholly different reason :

cause it means not being "prepared" ...and fiddling with GPS instead of alertly greeting pax and watching for issues/antics/risks

Also, it makes us look like noobs.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
it is a punishment. The only thing you can do is set your destination filter and pray.
Has ANYBODY, EVER, managed, to get that thing to work?????

Any details on successful attempts?

1) CITY/STATE (perhaps implementation varies, and not just available yes/no?)
2) START POINT? (home/random residence? popular hot spot? transport hub station/air/port?)
3) END POINT? (Popular destination? True place you're heading? Crossroads of major transport artery? Used to set direction only & does't matter?)
4) START DRIVING? (Yes/no/ delay N minutes?)
5) SUCCESS RATE(% with actual passenger)?

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Btw, for me (mainly OC + rarely LA, southern California), destinations DO appear after arrival - under the button WHERE THEY USED TO BE IMMEDIATELY POST-PING ;_(((((

Post arrival though, NOT post pickup/zero timer

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I've gotten ONE ride on Lyft Destination Filter and I've used it many times . It only will give you people who are on the same route using LyftLine , I bet if the destination filter worked with all Lyft rides it would work much better.

However you can see the destination (if entered) once you arrive , just clikc the little menu button on the bottom left corner. I always look as soon as I arrive and twice I've cancelled the ride after arrival if the pax isn't out and ready to go . Again that is a terrible stradegy that is horrible for the customer but not showing the destination to the driver after the acceptance is just stupid , and it's bad for everyone. Sure people were cherry picking rides sometimes but if it is really true that 90% of Rideshare drivers work less then 15hours a week it's my guess that the majority of those drivers didn't even know you could see the destination post ping. Heck I talked to a lyft driver who is full time and has been doing it full time for well over a year that said he never knew you could see the destination lol

Again you can call customers and ask for their destination, I hate doing it but have done it a few times and everytime the passanger was very understanding as well as confused why the driver wouldn't know the destination if they had entered it in .

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yea doesn't hurt to call the Pax. I have to do it on any ride greater than 5 mins away now, due to the rate cuts, and increase in gas cost( I drive a Benz so my gas iz 3.55 a gal)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Never had it work. When I wanted to use it to get back home I realized I couldn't because Orange County doesn't have Line so can't set a destination filter.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Yea doesn't hurt to call the Pax. I have to do it on any ride greater than 5 mins away now, due to the rate cuts, and increase in gas cost( I drive a Benz so my gas iz 3.55 a gal)
Youch.... Diesel @ 250-260ish for my bimmer is bad enough, but 91 sure must hurt the wallet

Shoulda bought the Bluetec version, man

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Never had it work. When I wanted to use it to get back home I realized I couldn't because Orange County doesn't have Line so can't set a destination filter.
Actually not 100% sure of that...can an LA pax order a normal line into OC?
Last run home from LA, I tried extending the filter to SNA after getting too close and giving up on Carson....and it only gave me the "sorry can't find you rides so we cancel your filter" text around fountain valley-ish

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Its 3.55 a gallon for premium? Where?
Im in Denver regualr is going for 2.10 ish and premium 2.60ish

I started working with a 335xi (heavily modified too lol) and it got 19mpg on premium my new tsi passat gets around 33 mpg mixed and I've seen a tank of 45 mpg all highway. All while running on regular unleaded. Plus more legroom then a 750i bmw. I love this car for rideshare (also qualifies for uber select)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Actually not 100% sure of that...can an LA pax order a normal line into OC?
Last run home from LA, I tried extending the filter to SNA after getting too close and giving up on Carson....and it only gave me the "sorry can't find you rides so we cancel your filter" text around fountain valley-ish
If it's too far of a ride, Line won't be available. There's an error that pops up saying that you cannot request Line because the drop area doesn't service Line.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
What is a destination filter??
It creates a free/unpaid Lyft Line to your destination, for which you can get matched riders...in theory

Only available in Lyft Line cities/counties

Doesn't count towards rides # for any incentives doesn't pay PDB on that ride either AFAIR

...doesn't matter though, never seems to work for anyone except once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Funny thing is that this is a feature that was asked about for a long time (including still on Uber drivers' requests).

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Has ANYBODY, EVER, managed, to get that thing to work?????

Any details on successful attempts?

1) CITY/STATE (perhaps implementation varies, and not just available yes/no?)
2) START POINT? (home/random residence? popular hot spot? transport hub station/air/port?)
3) END POINT? (Popular destination? True place you're heading? Crossroads of major transport artery? Used to set direction only & does't matter?)
4) START DRIVING? (Yes/no/ delay N minutes?)
5) SUCCESS RATE(% with actual passenger)?
I've tried all the above. Work in SF and I've tried putting in just city/state, even neighborhood (mission district), cross streets, even overshooting my destination. You would think it would be easy for airport runs, but again, I've tried everything, even specific terminals. I was at SFO and set the filter to San Jose to see if it would work. I woke up 2 hours later to a text message saying they couldn't find a ride, blah blah blah. That thing is an engineering fail. A disgrace to mankind

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
I've tried all the above. Work in SF and I've tried putting in just city/state, even neighborhood (mission district), cross streets, even overshooting my destination. You would think it would be easy for airport runs, but again, I've tried everything, even specific terminals. I was at SFO and set the filter to San Jose to see if it would work. I woke up 2 hours later to a text message saying they couldn't find a ride, blah blah blah. That thing is an engineering fail. A disgrace to mankind
You seem to have a different version though, somehow!

LA destination filterfilter only seems to give you a movable pin. Also, it shows a route but does not appear to have any method to export it to a navigation app

And I seem to have heard that the idea is to start driving down said route

PS has anybody tried a SHORT destination filter instead???

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
You seem to have a different version though, somehow!

LA destination filterfilter only seems to give you a movable pin. Also, it shows a route but does not appear to have any method to export it to a navigation app

And I seem to have heard that the idea is to start driving down said route

PS has anybody tried a SHORT destination filter instead???
A moving pin? We have full functionality just short of picking the actual route. I can type exact address, etc, just can't specify freeway versus main blvds.

Of the 2 times out of 200 I've ever had it work was on my to a Giants game. I was 3 miles in away in fishermans wharf and actually received a ping halfway there. Tried it again many times since with no success

1 - 20 of 30 Posts